Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

T-Spec T-spec Hop-ups

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 08:57 PM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: T-Spec T-spec Hop-ups

"Likes" part, it says "highly tunable" well its pretty self explanitory. i dont see how you cant hop it up... correct me if wrong..?
"Highly tunable" means just what it says, tunable. Not hop-up able, hoping-up and tuning is completely different.

Tuning ='s making changes to camber, toe-in, shock oil, shock springs, roll bars, track width, etc. etc.

Hop-ing up ='s switching stock parts for something else. IE CF/graphite parts, aluminum parts, metal gears, etc. etc.

Not saying the article is completely wrong, lying, etc. But if you look at any of the RCCA reveiws they ALL praise the car/item thats being reveiwed, none of them are acurate as they dont do real testing, they use the car/item once or twice and thats it. They dont run the car day after day for a week or two before writing about, switch out motors, and stuff like that.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:03 PM
×SlappY×

ah right, doesnt stop me from getting one
Old 04-07-2005, 06:18 PM
×SlappY×

yep..lol
Old 04-07-2005, 08:45 PM
uthabrutha

All right...I am the one sellin the XXX-S to Losiracer. I bought a t-spec for my brother right after i bought my xxx-s. at first i could not beat him because out of the box the t-spec was much better set up for the carpet racing, oooo did that make me mad. but the t-spec is not that bad of a car. Losiracer has had some pretty bad experiences with his, blown diffs every time that he goes for a qualifier, so i dont blame him. but on the other hand he was runnin stock on matched 3300s which was pretty bad on the diffs after they've been run for a while. you have to kind of remeber that you are getting what you pay for, the diffs are of not so great quality, but if you keep 'em clean and rebuilt then they wont cause you any problems...and stay away from anything modified until you get Pro4 diffs in it.

In the world of hopups you can put different pinions on but you have to use the 48P adaptor and spur gear for it to mesh correctly with a 48P pinion. the stock spur and pinion are metric i belive so they are not compatible with 48P spurs. If you want to change spurs i belive that it takes the ever popular Kimbrough spur gear, which should be a common item in your LHS.

Once you can get the Pro4 ball diffs, at about 40 bucks a diff theyre not cheap but well worth the investment. they are pretty much a direct bolt in, so no problems there

If you have the ablity with your cnc machines, you may want to replace the rear shock tower w/ alum or some metal. the stock one is like a step above rubber on the rigidity scale.

-hope that clairfies--
Old 04-07-2005, 09:18 PM
×SlappY×

aight coo.. so your saying i shouldnt put in my rush 19x2 right away? (only motor i got) what if i would like... not floor it and slowly accelerate.. or does it just kill the diff at high rpm?
Old 04-08-2005, 11:36 AM
losiracer753
My Feedback: (1)

yea but it comes with a spec motor. and i was running stock and spec not good on the diffs. have fun
Old 04-08-2005, 10:42 PM
uthabrutha

No, you probably dont want to run that 19x2, unless your willing to replace the diffs pretty often. but you needn't worry, as long as you did not purchase the "kit" version-the one that comes w/out batt, motor, and body- you will not have any problems with the diffs because the motor that is supplied with the car. it is supposidly a 21T motor but most 27T stock motors will out-power it, but for the car, it is the perfect motor. gives you plenty of speed and torq, but doesnt blow the diffs, dont ask my why but i still run the stock motor in mine and i am still yet to rebuild the diffs, and ive had the car pretty much since it came out...
Old 04-08-2005, 11:24 PM
JMan8108

minivans united!!!!
Old 04-09-2005, 10:44 AM
×SlappY×

hehe. thing is. i bought the kit only yeh... i done have money! my 15 year old self wants to hit me :P