Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

thicker wire faster ride check me

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thicker wire faster ride check me

ok i really wanted to go faster so what i did is put my stampede at the lowest ride hight and and it helped but the main thing i did is used thicker engine conector wire and my truck is so fast i almost could not control it its so fast and im running a 19t engine modified try it itll work i promise.
Old 07-01-2005, 04:21 AM

Default RE: thicker wire faster ride check me

i doubt lowering the truck would make any diffrence, unless the trucks was high enough to cause binding before, how ever lowering the truck will make it feel more responsive and stable.

Regards

Tom
Old 07-01-2005, 01:15 PM

dude that means you wern't running good enough wire before

but bigger wire 14 awg means higher current - bet u noticed less heat as well [8D]
this and maybe you installed better wire and it was this that gave the improved performance
Old 07-01-2005, 01:17 PM

what did you do to lower your truck
Old 07-01-2005, 05:38 PM
Banned

what did you do to lower your truck
all u really have to do is place ur shock towers along ith shocks higher up so the shocks will bring the a arms and the wheels upward and make it lower to the ground (it reduces ground clearance)-does that make sense-well i don't know if he did it that way
i doubt lowering the truck would make any diffrence, unless the trucks was high enough to cause binding before, how ever lowering the truck will make it feel more responsive and stable.

Regards

Tom
i thought the same thing but it could help it's center of gravity which may be a factor in speed but it mainly is just for stability like u sed
dave
Old 07-01-2005, 08:54 PM

yeah you guys are right the wire i wuz using before on the engine wuz so bad that when i ran my truck the wire got so hot it melted the protective wire covering on it ha ha oh and for my yokes maybe i did have some binding so what i did is i took my hole tranny apart last night and cleaned all of it and looked it over for any probs and it looked good i wish i could get a before and after vivieo for you guys so you could see the differance but also my old engine wuz a p.o.s so thank you though peace.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:39 PM
My Feedback: (2)

the thicker the wire, the higher the amp flow, therefore if you run really thick wire, the amps arnt in a 'traffic jam' to get where they are being sent. i dont know if you understand what im talking about, but its like driving on a 1 lane road at rush hour and a 6 lane road..i think you should understand what im saying.
Old 07-02-2005, 01:00 AM

yeah i tottaly understand thank you peace.
Old 07-02-2005, 09:53 AM
Banned

Lowering is the fastest and easiet way to increase speed in any vehicle. Keep in mind though, you can go TOO low.
Old 07-02-2005, 09:59 AM
Banned

Since your lowering your pede I will give you my old 'race set up'

Get some low profile tires (speed hawgs, road hawgs... ect.) mount the shocks on the furtherist out posision (going away from the bulkhead/gear box) Thats realy all you need to do. The only thing that makes the pede 'tall is its tires, and the chassis and how the chassis is hiked up where the battery sits. That set up should get your a-arms parrallel to the ground then you will be pretty close (close enough) to the ground.
-Wes
Old 07-02-2005, 07:53 PM

ok i see what you is saying ill go to the hobby shop on tuesday and see if i can get a couple sets of those street tires i belive you said road hawgs ok ill get those i think that when i get those new tires ill pick up 4 hpi metalic green rims, cause im really looking into getting a grave digger body for it cause those run pretty cheap at my local hobby store but yeah like i said my truck is as low as it will go front and back and it still has a monster truck look to it......ive wanted a grave digger body ever since the day i got my truck cause i think that itll look really cool,but by the end of the summer my truck will be so cool i will keep you guys updated with pics as often as possible.ok peace.[8D][sm=sunsmiley.gif]
Old 07-02-2005, 09:00 PM
Banned

Lo pro tires are going to look silly with a grave digger body, and wont work with the body unless you do a custom all body mount in the rear, and go wide pede... So I duno if I would do that... Just for your info...
-Wes
Old 07-02-2005, 09:14 PM
My Feedback: (14)

I do that with everything that I own...the cars, the battery packs, the chargers, motors.....EVERYTHING!!!!! Only difference is that I use 12 gauge and, sometimes, 10 gauge wire where I can get it to fit. I pride myself in taking a night-time college course on electronics and soldering. Believe me, that was one of the best things I have done that helps me in my hobbies. The biggest problems, however, with using larger wire is the "stiffness" factor and sometimes it won't fit in places the thinner wire will. But, I've always made modifications to make it work. In the end, I am rewarded with more power(especially if 10 gauge wire is used), high efficiency and a LOT less heat. I will admit, however, that the run times are somewhat shorter. But, if you can make it to the finish line faster, it doesn't matter that your run time is not as long.
Old 07-02-2005, 10:25 PM

i dont know but i can picture what that truck will look like with the tires and the body and i think itll look sweet here ill show you the tires im going to use hang on ill show them in another thread k hang on.
Old 07-02-2005, 10:33 PM

here are the tires and rims im going to use.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32341.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	292994  
Old 07-03-2005, 07:25 AM

IMO and down to expierence, schumacher venoms are probably the best truck tyres you can get they grip like hell even on my xtr3e, 1 day i might try them with some jack the gripper additive and see how much more grip i can get
Old 07-03-2005, 10:50 AM
Banned

I know it sounds like it will look sweet, but it wont... Im just warning you...

And also, you wont get a very lowered look, you will want to lower the body mounts (www.swami-rc.com) Heres what my low-pede looks like, pretty pimpin'!
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_23...tm.htm#2502617

That is pictured with the biggest tires you can stick on a pede w/o modding some.
-Wes
Old 07-03-2005, 03:13 PM

oh hell yeah that truck is doing it ral big sittin on that phat crome like that but yeah i really want those tires but here just to be safe ill bye some off road tires to ok peace.
Old 07-03-2005, 06:48 PM
My Feedback: (2)

uhh, those are off-road tires..
Old 07-04-2005, 01:06 PM

no imean some heavy treaded off road tires. like some mashers.