Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

changing motor brushes

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 10:16 PM
coolkid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default changing motor brushes

hey guys, i was at a race today, and my motor froze up. I actually have a mini-t, but im sure this quiestion would be better answered in this section of the site. But anyway, what was happeneing was that the motor would freeze up, and i would have to push it to start it off, and then once it got going it was ok, but then imediatly after i would stop, the motor wouldnt start up again, and i sware the turn marshall's were not to excited about it, becuase whenever it would stop, they would come out to give it another push... anyway... very imbarresing. I was wondering if this problem was becuase of the brushes? Is this a sign that meens i have to change them? I have a Trinity micro monster motor in there right now.
Old 07-24-2005, 10:28 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: changing motor brushes

Yes, it sounds like dirty or worn brushes. They are not being pushed against the comm good.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:16 PM
coolkid

hey, thanks a lot. I dont know how to change the brushes on a micro monster motor, because it looks like they are soldered on. But i can definently cleen them... thnaks again.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:25 PM
crUshed420

Just desolder them to remove/change them!
Old 07-26-2005, 09:22 AM
coolkid

lol, thanks... i thought maybe they werent made to be taken off or something, but then i saw the replacement brushes on trinitys website