Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

repair upgrade tc3 or get something else

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 10:36 AM
phillipguru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default repair upgrade tc3 or get something else

I have a tc3 that is a few years old. It has been mantained very well still looks new. It has had about 30-50 battery packs through it. And motors from green machines to 14t doubles.

Right now it has
front/rear sway bar kit
blue screw kit
bronze/red springs front/rear
18t jims motor
explorer2 esc
69t spur 26t pinion

But the front diff is fryed, i've rebuilt it like 4 times this week and no luck, the motor keeps popping up the mount every 3rd or 4th run. the steering rack is shot, its been rebuilt but it never seems to be dead center always more left than right steering or vice versa. Not to mention i would need to get threaded shocks to race with, i cant stand using those shims for ride height adjustment.

All in all it needs about 100 in parts and thats not going to guarantee it will be 100%. Am i better off going with something else? Or perhaps buying another tc3 used? What do you guys think.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:55 PM
45mph pede
Banned

Default RE: repair upgrade tc3 or get something else

Get a pro4... or even a TC4

I havent broken a thing in my pro4, besides the steering post that I broke while hitting a curb at 30mph+ that was a 3$ part. I've heard some good stories about the TC4 as well.
-Wes
Old 08-08-2005, 02:14 PM
phillipguru

well i just completely tore apart and cleaned the tc3. The steering rack bushing are completely scored and shot.

the front steering block on the left where cvd connected is shot the bearing feels somewhat seized which i think burnt the front diff out, which i just rebuilt and was clean and after 1 run the balls are burnt and rings scored.

I examined the diff bearing and they feel 100% but the drive shaft bearing on both ends, 3 of the 4 are gritty even after 20 minutes of cleaning. I see that a few of the diff housing holes are stripped and well as the motor mount holes...which is probably why with a modified motor it pops out of place every few runs. front right shock has a blown ring, no wonder it always feels different...

so my 80ish in replacement parts just went to 150 in parts

my brother just took his virgin xxx-s graphite out to socal .... so jealous i think i may just need a new tc4 instead of replacement so many parts, and when you start needing new chassis parts and full bearing sets.... its time to retire the car

too many runs in the street for fun is what did it, to much wheel spin, too much stress on the diffs and cvds
Old 08-08-2005, 03:10 PM
Linfield

If your going to sell your chassis give me a e-mail beacuse i'm looking for spare parts for my Tc3