Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

stampede racer

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 01:05 PM
trckey2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stampede racer

is there a monster truck class race? if not how should i modify my 'pede to race with some stadium trucks? wanna get into racing here in ny
Old 12-10-2005, 01:07 PM
Haulin Azz

Default RE: stampede racer

Yes there is a monster truck racing class. Just ask yourlhs if they race monster trucks and then get their rules!
Old 12-10-2005, 03:57 PM
sleepy23
My Feedback: (1)

quite honestly, i dont thnk its worth the time or effort to try and race with the 4wd monster trucks and i dont think they would let you in the class. and the pede doesnt really fall into the stadium truck clas either. you might be able to get into the st class, but without major mods, the st's are gonna stomp a pede. no offense, but the pede is not a rcaer and has little potential to ever be one.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:34 PM
smitty4
My Feedback: (4)

Why couldnt it race against the emaxx's and other 4wd trucks? It would stomp them!
Old 12-10-2005, 04:41 PM
capone12
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: sleepy23

quite honestly, i dont thnk its worth the time or effort to try and race with the 4wd monster trucks and i dont think they would let you in the class. and the pede doesnt really fall into the stadium truck clas either. you might be able to get into the st class, but without major mods, the st's are gonna stomp a pede. no offense, but the pede is not a rcaer and has little potential to ever be one.
But if he gets into the mt class id be worried about how long they would let you stay. The pede is much lighter compared to trucks like the emaxx which would give you an advantage when racing. They would probably make you race in the st class. If they let you race in the mt class then go for it! If they make you race in the st class. Just buy another truck because the pede isnt going to do too well. Its possible but your chance are much better racing in the st class with an actual st.
Old 12-10-2005, 05:15 PM
happywing

Trying to make a Pede go fast is like chasing your tail. I love mine, but it is what it is, a basher. I've been down this road. If you want to race, Losi or Associated are the answer.
Old 12-10-2005, 06:01 PM
trckey2

what about duratraxx or tower hobbies? also i dont know if i said this but [link=http://www.swami-rc.com]www.swami-rc.com[/link] has a thing where he shows how to covert a 'pede into a rustler, dont know if i would do it though, i cant afford another truck until tax returns anyways, so i may do the conversion, also the rack guy said i can race mt, but the run foam tires, is that an actual foam tire? or just foam inserts into the tires?
Old 12-10-2005, 06:50 PM
Haulin Azz

actual foam tire.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:11 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

I highly doubt that it's actual foam tires,if so that race is a one of a kind. Foam inserts most likely.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:23 PM
Evader 53

I agree with tamiyacrawler. I have never heard of foam tires for monster trucks, they would get torn & chewed up in a single race. The guy probably meant 'foam inserts'.

If you plan on only racing your truck, the 'pede is not the truck to do that with, and for that matter, neither is the rustler.

If all you are planning on doing is race, and some bashing (little), then I'd sell your stampede on ebay and buy a used st such as ae or losi on ebay.

--Pede
Old 12-10-2005, 08:33 PM
trckey2

so basicaly the 'pede was a waste of money? it is my first good rc, all the others were wal-mart special. i may get a st-15 or other nitro in febuary if i have enough money, gonna talk to my local track and see what they race there. i wanna go nitro if i get a new one. prolly a stadium truck
Old 12-10-2005, 08:57 PM
Speedmunkey
Banned

1.) There are indeed actual foam tires for monster trucks. I've siliconed quite a few for local oval racers.. Imex makes some skinny ones, and Jaco used to make some wide ones.

2.) The Pede could indeed be made into a good MT racer, but it isn't going to be cheap. A good BL system and lots of aluminum..

3.) Want to get into stadium truck racing properly? I have a T4 for sale/trade, and I'd love a Pede to beat around in the yard.. Shoot me a PM if you wanna work something out..