Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

How 2 Clean Motor?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 02:14 PM
Rare

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How 2 Clean Motor?

how do i clean my Orion Element 19t motor?...i have the motor spray but im unsure exactly how to do it?.....and is it ok if the top part of the motor is exposed....im concerned about when i drive it if dirt and dust will get all over it...please help me...im new at this if u cant tell.
Old 01-01-2006, 02:22 PM
cavfighter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How 2 Clean Motor?

some of the guys may have diff ways of doing it but this is what I do. Every 3-5 runs I pull the motor and spray the motor through the motor mounting screw holes using the tube that comes with the cleaner. If it is dirty you will notice it in the runoff. The runoff should be nice and clear. I wil then spray down the endbell being sure to get the comm. NOTE: Pull the brushes first as you dont want to spray them because they have their own lubricant. I will then rotate the motor around by hand a few times spray it down one more time. Let it dry or use a compressor to blow it off, put the brushes back in, and I use 3 in 1 oil to relubricate the bearings at the endbell and the motor mounting sides of the can. Hey guys if this is wrong let me know so I can fix it lol. This is how I have done it for a long time with decent results.