Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 08:43 PM
monsterbombs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Evader Coalition - T.E.C.

yee hah 600 pages and near on 15k posts. must be a record.
the thread isnt just breakages and problems. shows how interesting
some peoples weekends are, to come in here and post that rubbish.

an ezrun that thakes 3s for $100 thats what i would go.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:45 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: monsterbombs

yee hah 600 pages and near on 15k posts. must be a record.
the thread isnt just breakages and problems. shows how interesting
some peoples weekends are, to come in here and post that rubbish.

an ezrun that thakes 3s for $100 thats what i would go.
i think were second in the car world only beating by the hpi nitro mt2's 750+ thread idk about planes and boats

the lug
Old 07-19-2009, 12:30 AM
nitrocomplex1776

It was fun while it lasted
V
Old 07-19-2009, 07:22 PM
T-Frost

Well i decided to lower the vader today to get rdy for some oval action..

Side

Back

top front

Old 07-19-2009, 07:45 PM
rclugnut10

fuel tubeing on the shafts? if you're running pavement, you may want to consider rear sways, cuz mine had issues with keeping the inner rear wheel planted on power... and that cuases some diffage...

i was gunna try a differnt shock setup and i got about 2 min on it when my diff decided to bite it, i think its cuz my motor plate is shot 2 stripped out holes i got one held on with a bolt but the other you can't get a bolt on, and i lost the spacer that holed my good holes screw in so i can't tighten it all the way... so it loosend up, and that probally caused some tranny case flex, boy i'm just working up a huge order from tower and another one from amain, (e-choas parts)

my current shock setup 1.3 mm pistons and 70wt oil, very soft and plush i'm gunna try to dail in more front bite and see how that serves me, i also may need to back off my slipper some more...

the lug
Old 07-20-2009, 03:58 AM
Mufasa_719

evader for sale pm for details
Old 07-20-2009, 05:16 AM
monsterbombs

ORIGINAL: T-Frost

Side

Back

top front

dumped.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:10 AM
BEARBYSR

Wow, 600, nice. Thanks to all who have made this thread what it is. My vader wouldn't be the same without it
Old 07-20-2009, 12:09 PM
rclugnut10

ORIGINAL: monsterbombs

ORIGINAL: T-Frost

Side

Back

top front

dumped.

eehh quoi??? confuzzed so much so i slipped into french...

the lug
Old 07-20-2009, 12:54 PM
nitrocomplex1776

Guessing so low because the oval is flat no bumps ?
Old 07-20-2009, 05:53 PM
monsterbombs

she looks sweet dumped man. you might find the
back is a bit low though. i have the back slighlty
higher for oval running, so when i hit the throttle,
the weight goes over the rear wheels for traction.
and doesnt bottom out so much.

whats that capacitor thingo on there?
Old 07-20-2009, 06:30 PM
T-Frost

Truck is at 1/2 inch off ground..No fuel tubing don't use it cause then you have no up travel, and for proper traction up travel is needed..Stay away from fuel tubing..LOL..Just put my front shocks on the back and made a set for the front..Old Losi front shocks off a jrx2 , used the shafts from the evader stock fronts ..that added 1/4 inch that i needed.. Truck has 1 inch of total travel 1/2 in up 1/2 down..Have it set that way till i can try it and go from there..70 WT oil all around... The capacitor thing is a capacitor..LOL Just helps deliver the juice..

On another note tomorrow i'll have my brushless stuff in and running..Came today but was at work ,gotta pick it up at the post office after work tomorrow..Will let you know what i think.. I got a 5.5 turn 6000 KVthat's about the same as a good 10 turn brushed right? I was running 2 different 7 singles b4 so the truck can take it, I just can't handle the 7's they were insane ..Even with my slipper going like crazy that thing could wheelie any time i wanted..Used to run them with 95 spur 13 pinion and i swear they still did 40.. So the motor i ordered should be a bit tamer right? I don't wanna lose alot just a lil to handle it better..I'm also hoping the program card helps with that..
Old 07-20-2009, 08:33 PM
rclugnut10

LOL brushless tame, thats a good joke, you should be able to knock off some of the umph but idk if you'll ever have a dull moment with a fresh pack, i've found if you run good batts, you'll always have power on tap and while i still am getting the slipper adjusted to slip a tad more, it has no issue throwing the wheels to the sky, if it can get traction, they'll be in the air, i ran 24/85 yesterday for a few min before tranny case loosened apart due to stripped out holes, and it still had all the power, it was slightly curbed but that meant it was a tad less prone to tell me how badly my wheelie bar fails

the lug
Old 07-21-2009, 05:16 PM
T-Frost

Well picked up the esc motor comboand put it in..Ran 2 batteries thru it so far..It's pretty similar to the 7x1 for torque but just a lil bit slower ..Seems to be great to me..Can still wheelie just not as easy which is good..Seems to make the diff get a lil warm..Motor got pretty warm after 20 minutes of running, But i could still keep my hand on it..I need a temp gun.Esc got luke warm ,barely even notice a temp difference..Batteries got insanely hot just like my 7x1's made em do..Poor batteries..I need to get lipo soon...

Tiny esc too, i like it ,will post pics later after a few more runs..
Old 07-21-2009, 08:57 PM
airmayle

Hey Sam!

Got the tires, they look good. Been out of town so not had time to play with them yet. Evader is still down and now the Slash is down again. Hopeful will have something running by next week.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:59 PM
rclugnut10

ORIGINAL: airmayle

Hey Sam!

Got the tires, they look good. Been out of town so not had time to play with them yet. Evader is still down and now the Slash is down again. Hopeful will have something running by next week.
know the feeling know the feeling, i was running on borrowed time for the past month... evader finailly down...
i'm really posting this cuz i'm board so feel free to get a mod on me to delete this or whatever, i don't wanna do summer math hw (i didn't like the grade round 1 so round 2 fun fun)

the lug
Old 07-22-2009, 11:25 PM
Aimlessone

This new brushless system makes driving my EXT fun again! 40MPH on a 7 cell NIMH, freakish acceleration, and run times long enough to bore me.

Bought the EZrun 60A esc and the 8.5T 540 motor package for about $90USD shipped, most bang-for-your-buck way to convert a vehicle to brushless IMO.
The EXT transmission with full ball-bearings seems to be holding up fine to all the power, though the rear tires don't provide enough traction to make full use of all that power at low speeds. Any recommendations for street/asphalt tires?

Though, the ESC and suspension is set so it doesn't send the front end skywards when I punch the throttle, as I prefer to maintain at least some steering at all times.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:55 AM
hrd2fnd

ORIGINAL: Aimlessone

This new brushless system makes driving my EXT fun again! 40MPH on a 7 cell NIMH, freakish acceleration, and run times long enough to bore me.

Bought the EZrun 60A esc and the 8.5T 540 motor package for about $90USD shipped, most bang-for-your-buck way to convert a vehicle to brushless IMO.
The EXT transmission with full ball-bearings seems to be holding up fine to all the power, though the rear tires don't provide enough traction to make full use of all that power at low speeds. Any recommendations for street/asphalt tires?

Though, the ESC and suspension is set so it doesn't send the front end skywards when I punch the throttle, as I prefer to maintain at least some steering at all times.
May I ask where you got the EZrun from as I am in the market for one as well for my st pro.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:20 AM
Sunfirefoot
My Feedback: (30)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: hrd2fnd

May I ask where you got the EZrun from as I am in the market for one as well for my st pro.

Looks like they're sold out for now but they restock fairly fast, but here's the link:
http://www.nitrorcx.com/ezrun-brushl...-combo-b4.html
Old 07-23-2009, 02:27 AM
Sunfirefoot
My Feedback: (30)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use these on my Evader and they work well on the asphalt. http://www.prolineracing.com/p-284-r...t-or-rear.aspx

My brother uses these on his evader and likes them alot (gone through 3 sets of 4) http://www.prolineracing.com/p-281-s...t-or-rear.aspx
Old 07-23-2009, 03:16 AM
hrd2fnd

ORIGINAL: Sunfirefoot

ORIGINAL: hrd2fnd

Looks like they're sold out for now but they restock fairly fast, but here's the link:
http://www.nitrorcx.com/ezrun-brushl...-combo-b4.html
Cool, thanks for the link
Old 07-23-2009, 05:48 AM
T-Frost

My EzRun pics..

and another

Now here's a few shots of the mess i call the hobby room ..Wife calls it "man space" LOL

Old 07-23-2009, 05:01 PM
tkopper

Default RE: The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

HI, i need a new spur gear for my evader st and i want it to be close to stock (88t,48p) now robinson racing has a whole lot of spur gears that may work. any recommendations on what i should buy!! Thanks
Old 07-23-2009, 07:09 PM
T-Frost

Well i use Robinson ..They're 28 yrs old ..LOL just bought em though ..Packages say 1981..They fit perfectly..Haven't tried any newer ones..I have an 81,87,and 95 with the 95 you can't run a gear cover..They're deffinately better than the duratrax gears..2 are in the pic above in the tool box..
Old 07-23-2009, 08:47 PM
rclugnut10

ORIGINAL: tkopper

HI, i need a new spur gear for my evader st and i want it to be close to stock (88t,48p) now robinson racing has a whole lot of spur gears that may work. any recommendations on what i should buy!! Thanks
i use this spur gear, and if you mesh it good, you'll be set for life

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXEY41

its a great spur, handles lots of power and is very nicely made, its not its pefect white now, it has grease and dirt and grass, (motor covers and wheelie bars are overated) but it still runs perfect, i'm pretty sure it bolts up fine stock tho i may be lieing, if i am here's what i have mine held on with, its a shock piston (i'd use the blankers or the stocks cuz you got another 4 on the tree's or 1.4's) that met a set of wire cutters and a motor screw and i think there's a few washers, basically i hate philps head screws sooo it went 2.5mm hex,

t-frost good call on the motor wires and the zip tie tho i'd think about routing them thru the rear tower as opposed to below the tower/shock, this way they're less exposed i had it that way for the longest time and imo its a bit more protected if you run um thru the towers,

as for shops mine marginally cleaner, it took me all of about 5 hours to go from the second attached pic to a total mess again, the floor also got totally cleaned and vacumed....

edit the pics got uploaded this time, tho they're in the wrong order[:-]

the lug

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74897.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	1242539   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lh18723.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	1242540  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.