Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 03:31 PM
airmayle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

Ya, I could here it making the noise when she was trying to push the garbage can down the sidewalk. I figured it was in melt down. The Evader gets beaten up a lot by my kids and the neighbor kids but it's held up to most of the abuse. I haven't broken the bottom the ST chassis plate since I changed it to the EXT plate, that's really only been the weak spot for us.

SacramentoJoe- Good to see ya bud. Are you still running NiMH or have you changed everything over to lipo?

For those of you who are part of the T.E.C I am cleaning out some RC stuff. I have some old NiMh battery's that still have some life in them but aren't able to charge to the full capacity plus two backs have one dead cell in them. The two packs with dead cell are seven cell race packs but can be made into a six cell pack or combine the two. Also two six cell stick packs but they are not race packs one of them is brand new. These are FREE too who every would like them all I'm asking is that who every wants them just has to pay for shipping. You don't have to take all the packs just what ever you like. I mostly run lipo now. Just PM if you are interested.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:35 PM
xerxes

ORIGINAL: eightfingers

ORIGINAL: xerxes

i think u r a litl 2 consernd wit xerxes
I'm not to concerned with you, I'm just out troll hunting. It's open season you know.

Or

Mebe iz da gramma popo

BUT...

Your typing is the worst I have ever seen, stop being lazy. Etiquette is not just at the dinner table.
stfu
Old 05-13-2011, 09:19 PM
xerxes

ORIGINAL: eightfingers

ORIGINAL: xerxes

i think u r a litl 2 consernd wit xerxes
I'm not to concerned with you, I'm just out troll hunting. It's open season you know.

Or

Mebe iz da gramma popo

BUT...

Your typing is the worst I have ever seen, stop being lazy. Etiquette is not just at the dinner table.
ur a poopy hed
Old 05-14-2011, 10:33 PM
jrowles91

So I keep stripping servo gears on my Evader ST. How do I adjust the servo saver? Think this would help me?
Old 05-14-2011, 10:56 PM
eightfingers

What servo are you running? Changing to a metal geared should help alot.

I know someone here has some Evader shocks just sitting around they want to sell me! Let me know.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:10 AM
jrowles91

Well I was running the stock servo for two rebuilds then bought a cheap one from the LHS. Recommendations on a metal geared servo on the cheap?

BTW, I'm using Traxxas Emaxx shocks on my Evader and it's beautiful. Works great.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:52 AM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

i may end up pulling the ones off my ext if you want them not sure yet...

as for switching to an MG servo, best thing you can do... i'd get a tower TS 140 super fast plenty of power, very precise and MG's

the lug
Old 05-15-2011, 08:07 AM
eightfingers

I have the TS 140 also after Lug recommended it. It works wonders over stock and even puts the stock Traxxas 7095(I think) in my Stampede to shame. For $35 it's pretty cheap http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPHD3&P=7

Lug I am going to put Evader shocks on my Stampede, aparently with some 50wt they work real nice for it. I was going to buy a roller just for the shocks and extra parts for the Evader but send me a PM and we will work something out for sure. I am definately interested.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:01 AM
cumquat

when my s3305 take a dump i'm going to try to get one of these http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ium-Gear-Servo [>:]
Old 05-15-2011, 10:29 AM
jrowles91

I may just go Chinese. I don't want to spend even that much for a servo on this truck. The servo I just broke was only $10 from the LHS
Old 05-15-2011, 01:59 PM
airmayle

I'm using the EXI metal gear servo from hobbypartz. Very good servo for $15 dollars. Only problem with it is that they don't tell you what spline it has. The stock servo horn won't fit which I think is a futaba fit. I had to dremel the servo horn that comes with it to make it work. I plan on ordering a set of servo horns that has the JR, Futaba, and Airtronics. I'll see what works. Jang from URC likes this budget servo but also having a problem finding what servo horns fit.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:03 PM
ImTheJoker4U2

Hey guys, got a question about the ball diff in my Evader BX:

When it starts acting like an extra slipper clutch, and keeps coming loose, its toast right??

Is there an upgrade to a geared diff I can put in there? Im only running a Speed Gem 15 turn, but it demolished the diff. It already has a slipper clutch, and Id feel safer with gears in there for when I go brushless[8D]

I just bought these:
, It said it was for an Evader, but now Im looking and I dont know how they're going to work.....
Old 05-15-2011, 07:55 PM
rclugnut10

ORIGINAL: ImTheJoker4U2

When it starts acting like an extra slipper clutch, and keeps coming loose, its toast right??

Is there an upgrade to a geared diff I can put in there? Im only running a Speed Gem 15 turn, but it demolished the diff. It already has a slipper clutch, and Id feel safer with gears in there for when I go brushless[8D]

I just bought these:
, It said it was for an Evader, but now Im looking and I dont know how they're going to work.....

well your problem is those gears are for an evader EXT/EXB's gear diff, and you'll need a whole new tranny to run that....

https://sites.google.com/site/evaderinfo/

take a poke around here, it needs some work, and i've been saying all school year i'll get to it, and the past few weeks have honestly been busier than the school year as far as less computer time goes soo we shall see... things should slow down come june....

btw lug still votes for TS 140 and doesn't like the idea of spending more than $40 on a servo and has yet to, woot woot, okay i should get offline tiredzz and i'll start talking about things i shouldn't soo nitey nites

the lug
Old 05-15-2011, 10:30 PM
jrowles91

ORIGINAL: airmayle

I'm using the EXI metal gear servo from hobbypartz. Very good servo for $15 dollars. Only problem with it is that they don't tell you what spline it has. The stock servo horn won't fit which I think is a futaba fit. I had to dremel the servo horn that comes with it to make it work. I plan on ordering a set of servo horns that has the JR, Futaba, and Airtronics. I'll see what works. Jang from URC likes this budget servo but also having a problem finding what servo horns fit.
This is exactly what I'm talking about! Quick question though, have you taken it apart and verified that it was all metal? I've heard that some of the Chinese brands say they are but are in fact not. I have a bunch of horns I got when I bought my Savox servo for my Emaxx, so I'll try those.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:10 AM
ImTheJoker4U2

ORIGINAL: rclugnut10

I just bought these:

well your problem is those gears are for an evader EXT/EXB's gear diff, and you'll need a whole new tranny to run that....

take a poke around here, it needs some work, and i've been saying all school year i'll get to it, and the past few weeks have honestly been busier than the school year as far as less computer time goes soo we shall see... things should slow down come june....

btw lug still votes for TS 140 and doesn't like the idea of spending more than $40 on a servo and has yet to, woot woot, okay i should get offline tiredzz and i'll start talking about things i shouldn't soo nitey nites

the lug
Well great, theres $8 wasted...
So I guess I should just replace that stupid ball diff???Or at least the balls??
Old 05-16-2011, 04:10 AM
airmayle

ORIGINAL: jrowles91

ORIGINAL: airmayle

This is exactly what I'm talking about! Quick question though, have you taken it apart and verified that it was all metal? I've heard that some of the Chinese brands say they are but are in fact not. I have a bunch of horns I got when I bought my Savox servo for my Emaxx, so I'll try those.
No I haven't taken it about to see if all the gears are metal. I just put it in to see what the performance was going to be.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:25 PM
rclugnut10

I just bought these:

the lug
So I guess I should just replace that stupid ball diff???Or at least the balls??

at least the diff gear, check out the B2 mod listed in the site i linked it's a solid upgrade.... however if your idler hasn't stripped yet keep it plastic

the lug
Old 05-16-2011, 03:27 PM
cumquat

you could jb weld it. it wont be a diff anymore but it will last longer, i think.

in other news, masher 2k tires in back are pretty fun. instead of spinning the tires endlessly on gravel, i spin the tires to the point that the front lifts! i cant do speed runs on the street beacuse they are old and unbalanced. one starts to hop at about 5/8ths of the top speed.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:09 PM
dtxandtrx

I just toasted mine as well
Old 05-16-2011, 08:03 PM
ImTheJoker4U2

I just bought these:

the lug

at least the diff gear, check out the B2 mod listed in the site i linked it's a solid upgrade.... however if your idler hasn't stripped yet keep it plastic

the lug
I keep seeing this B2 mod, but I dont understand. I watched the vids, but but looks jut like my ball diff. Will the EXT trans bolt it? What mods/parts would I need? I want to eliminate the ball diff entirely.......
Old 05-16-2011, 08:19 PM
rclugnut10

the ext trany will not just drop right in, you'll need the whole tranny and new dog bones you'd almost be better off buying a new ext/exb2 and keeping/selling the chassis, the B2 mod is a ball diff but it's a much stronger gear thats used

the lug
Old 05-17-2011, 02:56 AM
ImTheJoker4U2

the ext trany will not just drop right in, you'll need the whole tranny and new dog bones you'd almost be better off buying a new ext/exb2 and keeping/selling the chassis, the B2 mod is a ball diff but it's a much stronger gear thats used

the lug
Is there a parts list somewhere? All I see is B2 upgrade, but I havent seen it explained very well. The videos look like he's assembling a standard trans like mine , minus the spring (that I seem to be missing).
Old 05-17-2011, 02:59 PM
cumquat

the more fun you have, the quicker you use it up. i just ran a full pack with the mashers on and i went from 50 minute runtimes to 30 minutes . it prob. has everything to do with spinning 5 inch tires that way about 5 ounces a piece and wheelieing on just about everything. i havent thrashed anything like that ever. well, maybe my df02 once. i was rather suprised that the motor wasnt very hot. it was hot enough that after 5 seconds my finger started to sting slightly but it didnt get any hotter.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:21 PM
rclugnut10

the lug
Is there a parts list somewhere? All I see is B2 upgrade, but I havent seen it explained very well. The videos look like he's assembling a standard trans like mine , minus the spring (that I seem to be missing).

there's a parts list at the top of the page for the B2 mod

and cumquat, it's amazing what bigger tires do to your runtime, my B4 got a solid 10 min more than the evader did on the same pack, geared properly...

the lug
Old 05-20-2011, 07:26 PM
cheech4

is it safe to charge LIMN batteries if they show some signs of swelling, batteries haven't been used in over a year and i charged them fully when i stored them.... these are not LIPO they are apogee LIMN supposed to be slightly safer but u have to treat them as lipo when charging... oh and hey all how you doing. i just got back from florida and i was bashing my silvader and noticed the batteries were a little swollen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.