Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 12:56 PM
shenlonco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

ORIGINAL: cumquat

ORIGINAL: Link119

All i needed was for you to tell me that you need a lipo alarm. The one thing i like about teens is that we arent stuck up about ourselves.
well... i know some people that think the world revolves around them and anything they dont like should be illegal.
Just the oposite seems when ever i say something that is definitly correct like the lipo care postings...you guy's always seem to think you are correct with no matter what i post... just like you can make the RC stuff like i do then ware is your rc stuff then??? everytime i see something you guy's post up here it's rigged not professional looking.
NUFF SAID!!
Old 07-15-2011, 12:56 PM
cumquat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: shenlonco

I can make anything!!
i can think of a lot of things you cant make... time machine, interdimentional rift, ftl drive, particle accelerator, birds and plutonium.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:57 PM
Link119
My Feedback: (1)

Going back to the topic...
How does this look?

Old 07-15-2011, 12:59 PM
shenlonco

Going back to the topic...
How does this look?

Not good for evaders the center of the pack you can see the balance wires exiting the pack it won't work with the eveders strap down.... get a gens ace 4000 Hard pack i will show you what one hold on.

Get this one i wish i would have gotten it in place of the gens ace 5300 i did not see that the 5300 had a center plug.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-30c-40...-hardcase.html
Old 07-15-2011, 01:02 PM
Link119

I want this because its 5000mah...
And i can fold the balancers under the battery strap and put the balancing plug off to the side.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:02 PM
cumquat

All i needed was for you to tell me that you need a lipo alarm. The one thing i like about teens is that we arent stuck up about ourselves.
well... i know some people that think the world revolves around them and anything they dont like should be illegal.
Just the oposite seems when ever i say something that is definitly correct like the lipo care postings...you guy's always seem to think you are correct with no matter what i post... just like you can make the RC stuff like i do then ware is your rc stuff then??? everytime i see something you guy's post up here it's rigged not professional looking.
NUFF SAID!!
anyone can pour stuff into a mold, it takes talent to actually start out with a pile of 1/4" steel rods and turn that into a chassis. i dont have anything right now but i'll see what i can dig up.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:17 PM
shenlonco

I want this because its 5000mah...
And i can fold the balancers under the battery strap and put the balancing plug off to the side.
It's not good you will bugger up the balance wires everytime you put the top bar in it will be scaping most on the 3 little wires.... and also that battery is junk compaired to the gens ace pack the gens ace pack is 30C roar leagal and aproved and it can be charged at 5C rate unlike the hobby king only 1C the gens ace is the better technolagy lipo chemistry.... and there been testing on them they compaire to the best lipo packs out like thunder power and the hyperion and other big names but they are way less expensive.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:31 PM
shenlonco

O and before like always you guy's act like i know nothing..... if you don't trust me you ask on any other message board and show the two lipo packs and ask what is a way better lipo then you will get your answer because for some reasion no one ever trusts me around here!
Old 07-15-2011, 01:45 PM
cumquat

you act like you are right when several other people have told you that you are wrong.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:36 PM
shenlonco

you act like you are right when several other people have told you that you are wrong.
Yea you make me lough and every lipo care sheet and even the ones that come with your lipos when you buy them are 100% exactly what i was telling you..... want a photo of what instructions that just came with my new gens ace lipoi i just got so you can read the how to's on proper lipo care and charging care?

suck it up when you are wrong you are wrong you just can't acknolage it even if sites say what i said about lipo care even if you see instructions that come with lipo pack no matter what proof you see i am always wrong so i don't care no more thats why i told link119 to go ask in other places to get more opinions on the lipo packs the one he shown and the one i shown to see what others have to say... because on here it's under aged kids mostly that don't know any better and are still learning....hence why they are even asking the ?'s in the first place.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:06 PM
Link119

Well, if you dont like what you are seeing here then go leave for us to blow up out lipos. We would simply like answers to out questions and positive feedback. Because you might be much older than us, that doesnt mean that you are way smarter than us. I dont think lipos were popular 30 years ago. Even when i started the hobby about three years ago, i didnt see too many people using lipos. I do acknowledge you experience in the past, but i do not feel that anyone could be right about everything. Therefore i prefer to take advice from the majority of people.

And i came up with this.http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-25c-40...-hardcase.html

Old 07-15-2011, 06:29 PM
shenlonco

Well, if you dont like what you are seeing here then go leave for us to blow up out lipos. We would simply like answers to out questions and positive feedback. Because you might be much older than us, that doesnt mean that you are way smarter than us. I dont think lipos were popular 30 years ago. Even when i started the hobby about three years ago, i didnt see too many people using lipos. I do acknowledge you experience in the past, but i do not feel that anyone could be right about everything. Therefore i prefer to take advice from the majority of people.

And i came up with this. http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-25c-40...-hardcase.html

Well think what you think... your wrong again... why in the world would anyone get that over the one i shown you in the link on the last page is beyond me wires in the front so it won't fit as nice and it's the same price but the gens ace i shown is 30C rated its much better than the pack you just linked.
But don't take my word for it ...O and lipos where out for way longer than 3 years... what do i know right?
Old 07-15-2011, 06:40 PM
Link119

Did i not say dont be here if your not going to give positive feedback. First of all, i said lipos were not as popular 3 years ago. I never said they didnt exist. secondly, the link says roar approved and it still has 5c charging even though my charger can only charge at 5 amps. And who needs 100 amps continuous for an evader? Or 200 amps burst?

Score:
 3 Link
0 Shenlonco

I win!!!!!!!!
Old 07-15-2011, 06:57 PM
shenlonco

Did i not say dont be here if your not going to give positive feedback. First of all, i said lipos were not as popular 3 years ago. I never said they didnt exist. secondly, the link says roar approved and it still has 5c charging even though my charger can only charge at 5 amps. And who needs 100 amps continuous for an evader? Or 200 amps burst?

Score:
3 Link
0 Shenlonco

I win!!!!!!!!
Sorry you said lipos where hardly used 3 years ago NOT they where used all the time 3 years ago.
You are crazy your phelosiphy is like buy a mini cooper for better performance if the corvette was the same price?
there is no wrong answer here the battery i shown for the same price is a 30C rated lipo a better pack than 25C you get better quality for the same price God i don't get you guy's your driving me crazy??

You know what i won't help you anymore it's obveous you don't know much about the hobby.

Learn the hard way brother learn the hard way....remember when you get it what i said about the fitment with the wires and also don't forget to read gens aces lipo care instructions because it's CLEARLY printed out what i been trying to tell you guy's about lipo care in a panflet that comes with each lipo pack.... but what do i know right if even lipo manufactures includes instructions with lipos stating what i been telling you all along!!
what the heck how many lipos did you purchase..... i am on about 60+ now for all my toys... but what do i know

Peace out learn yourself one day you will remember all my pointers and say man that guy was only trying to help me.

Old 07-15-2011, 07:09 PM
electricrc68
Banned

.....what happened here.......i just read the whole thing.........
Old 07-15-2011, 07:40 PM
Krazy Chicken

didn't plug the pcv valve hole? nice camaro, me and my dad are working on a 72' nova

needs alot of body work, but will smoke the tires running through all 3 gears on the th350 trans.

I can make anything!!
Old 07-15-2011, 07:56 PM
shenlonco

ORIGINAL: Krazy Chicken

didn't plug the pcv valve hole? nice camaro, me and my dad are working on a 72' nova

needs alot of body work, but will smoke the tires running through all 3 gears on the th350 trans.

I can make anything!!
Nice nova .... i did not have the breather yet it was when i first put the motor in.
my motor is new it's the chevy ZZ4 350 crate motor with headers and pipes exhaust my car handels awesome they say when you do what i did to my car it may pull up to 1G i have all polygraphite bushings throughout the whole car and i have lowering springs ibach and racing swaybars... the wheels are 17IN with 275's on it... it's quick also i just ripped my front seat bolt out of the floor when testing it!! LOL!!!

I just cruize it around i really don't beat on it.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:08 PM
Krazy Chicken

nice, so you wnet more of the pro touring style car. i want to do that so bad, but my dad doesn't want to. lol going to be more of a cruiser. we have no idea what the motor has done to it all we know is it is out of a 74 something, and has an unknown cam. i hope it handles when its done.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:16 AM
Link119

Score:
3 Link
0 Shenlonco
I win!!!!!!!!
Sorry you said lipos where hardly used 3 years ago NOT they where used all the time 3 years ago.
You are crazy your phelosiphy is like buy a mini cooper for better performance if the corvette was the same price?
there is no wrong answer here the battery i shown for the same price is a 30C rated lipo a better pack than 25C you get better quality for the same price God i don't get you guy's your driving me crazy??

You know what i won't help you anymore it's obveous you don't know much about the hobby.

Learn the hard way brother learn the hard way....remember when you get it what i said about the fitment with the wires and also don't forget to read gens aces lipo care instructions because it's CLEARLY printed out what i been trying to tell you guy's about lipo care in a panflet that comes with each lipo pack.... but what do i know right if even lipo manufactures includes instructions with lipos stating what i been telling you all along!!
what the heck how many lipos did you purchase..... i am on about 60+ now for all my toys... but what do i know

Peace out learn yourself one day you will remember all my pointers and say man that guy was only trying to help me.

I just wanted the one i linked because it is a bit thinner and shorter so it would fit better for me. I also am going to use lipo in a modded electric broom and i need it to fit in that also.

Old 07-16-2011, 06:45 AM
shenlonco

Score:
3 Link
0 Shenlonco
I win!!!!!!!!

I just wanted the one i linked because it is a bit thinner and shorter so it would fit better for me. I also am going to use lipo in a modded electric broom and i need it to fit in that also.

Hi it's not shorter that's why i said to get the one i linked. .. because the 5300 gens ace i got is only 1mm bigger than the one i linked for you and it fits tight the full legnth of the battery spot in stock form.

your pack Size: 139.18* 41.89 * 18.82mm(L * W * H) is longer and with the thick wires sticking out the front it will even take up more room.

the one i said 4000 30C •Size: 137.60 * 47.59 * 20.98mm(L * W * H) is a shorter pack
Old 07-16-2011, 08:56 AM
Link119

If it fits, i will get the one you linked.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:22 AM
shenlonco

If it fits, i will get the one you linked.
Hi here is the one i linked further back
http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-30c-40...-hardcase.html

and here are the specs:
•Capacity: 4000MAH •Voltage: 7.4V •Size: 137.60 * 47.59 * 20.98mm(L * W * H)
•Weight: 226g
•Discharge rate: 30C Continuous, 50C Burst
•Charge rate: 5C charging acceptable
•Plug: Banana 4.0
•Application: Gens ace Rechargeable 2S car lipo battery with high burst power of 30C for 1/8 & 1/10 electric powered car model such as Traxxas Slash, Emaxx, Bandit, Rustler version , HPI Strada XB 1/10 RTR Electric Buggy, Kyosho GP 4WD RACING TRUCK etc. Fast charging by 5C is workable.

And this is the gensace 5300 i got that fit and it's a hair larger so the 4000 should be great.
Dimensions (WxLxH) (mm) 46.51*138.47*24.7

Heck i say go for the 5300 for a few extra bucks and drill the hole in your battery strap i ran 33min with it racing!!
Old 07-16-2011, 10:44 AM
Link119

I think im fine with the 4000...
Old 07-16-2011, 02:56 PM
shenlonco

[X(] EXT2 + New 5300 2S GensAce lipo = OUTCH!! See photo of the carnage from the GensAce pack!
first time i tried a lipo in my EXT2 I always ran NIMH GP 3900 7.2 packs and did not have any problems... But first things first to me it seems the new metal center gear is much harder material as it did not have nothing wrong with it at all and neither did the diff gear.... So i am thinking maybe the ST stock plastic center gear may make things last longer? seams the metal on metal just ground away the softer metal gear on top shaft?

then again here is how it happened my brother in law has a elextric RC stadium truck same motor and system 3000KV brushless... we set up a few corner dots in the street and raced our trucks around the course...no jumps or nothing just a smooth road... my truck ran for a good 30 min and was running great...But i knew i should have ran the slipper a little loser but i did not because it was slipping the first foot or so and thought that was good enough then near the end 30 min of racing around me and my brother in law was like what the hecks that funky sound? we were hearing a strange sound from the ext2 you know that sound no one likes to here
So today i took it apart and found the gear buggered up big time ...only the top shaft gear others look mint...this is why i may try the st plastic center gear next time and see how that works.

I am Running a very lose slipper for now on rather replace slipper pads than gears all the time also setting my ESC for a softer launch under throttle start up this should help i hope.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96215.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	1636042  
Old 07-16-2011, 03:12 PM
Link119

I wouldnt expect that to happen.... The gears would slowly eat away, not chip half of the teeth off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.