Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Please help me out, guys--Pede

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 04:44 PM
gm72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help me out, guys--Pede

Ran the Pede for the first time just now. WHAT A BLAST!!! Unfortunately, my run time was cut short when the left front wheel came flying off. (I guess I didn't have the locknut on quite as tight as I should have. Dumb ***** newb, I know). I am placing an order for replacement parts now, pins, washers, and locknuts. Is there anything else that I should stock up on now so long as I'm ordering? I don't have a LHS, so I want to try to make every order count. Does anyone run the Traxxas big bore XXL shocks on their Pede? Thanks a lot for the help.
Old 02-02-2006, 05:06 PM
Maxime

Default RE: Please help me out, guys--Pede

I would suggest you upgrade the 4 bearing carriers with the ones from RPM. You'll also need the bearings... The stock Stampede comes with bushings... You could install bearings in the stock carriers but they would be small ( 5x8 mm vs 5x11 for the RPM if I'm right...). Will make your Stampede much longer lasting! Also an aluminium idler gear is a wise upgrade, especially if you plan on using a stronger motor than the stock Stinger. I aslo installed RPM camber links, as they are stronger than the stock ones... but I'm not sure it's absolutely necessary ( you could eventually change that to titanium adustable links...). The stock ESC is crap, but will do the job for a while...

I just did those upgrades to my friend's new Pede... And oh... The stock tires didn't have foam inserts in them (at least in the kit we got!). Would be wise to find some foam inserts.... unless you install those Masher 2K everyone seems to be using!

Sorry I don,t know much about the shocks. I know the stock plastic shock caps are weak, but don't know yet what to use for upgrades....
Old 02-02-2006, 05:07 PM
Maxime

Also a RPM wide front bumper can be a wise investment.... will protect the front A-Arms...
Old 02-02-2006, 05:08 PM
gm72

I think I remember someone telling me that evader shocks will fit it. Can someone remind me if I'm right? I also wonder about using these on the rear:
[link]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXVV07&P=7[/link]
Old 02-02-2006, 05:29 PM
gunnut

Wierd timing! I JUST put evader shocks on my pede! I had to use some different screws from my parts bin to make them work, but they look nice on there!
The aluminum evader shocks are cheaper (by the pair) than a pair of plastic stock replacements from traxxas! what a steal. I think they were $16.99
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49051.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	400632   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb88438.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	400633   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qv56230.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	400634  
Old 02-02-2006, 05:31 PM
gm72

Nice looking, what size of screws did you need? My parts bin doesn't really have much in it yet since I'm new, but I think I'll go for the evader shocks.
Old 02-02-2006, 05:39 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

You could also get aluminum Revo shocks, like I am. They are both bigger, and stronger than the evader ones.
Old 02-02-2006, 05:41 PM
gm72

Are you sure they would fit? Would you use them on both front and rear? I'd love to get larger shocks!
Old 02-02-2006, 05:45 PM
gunnut

I had a bunch of [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHVY5&P=7]these[/link] laying around and I cut off the round part (making a ghetto spacer thing), then I threaded [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJF34&P=7]these[/link] through them. It was probably a stupid way to do it but I didn't feel like ordering some new hardware and having to wait.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:35 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

My new pede just got hwere today (along with the rain/snow) [:@] It looks too nice to drive. I am thinking of unloading the xl-1 esc. Anybody want one? for $39 it is brand new. I think I will leave this alone for now escept use a 7 cell battery.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:58 PM
gm72

That's a good price. Might want to think about eBay for something like that, I'd bet someone would take it!
Old 02-02-2006, 09:30 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

GM, yes they would fit, and then both the front and rear shocks would be the same length(good thing).
Old 02-02-2006, 09:55 PM
gm72

Hey, thanks Mayhem. I ended up getting the Traxxas big bore alloy shocks, stronger than the evaders, but I can always upgrade to the revos!