Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more
Reload this Page >

Question for Sleepy about rs4 MT, or anyone actually, diff question !

Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Question for Sleepy about rs4 MT, or anyone actually, diff question !

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 11:30 PM
scyan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for Sleepy about rs4 MT, or anyone actually, diff question !

Hey, I'm having issues with my rear diff binding and it seems that the robinson racing ball diff is a bit too large to fin in between the 2 al bulkhead sections and its binding once tightened in place.

I have a question to ask you... Would you be kind enough to measure the maximum distance between the 2 outdrives and also the distacne in between where the 2 bearings sit, on each side ?

That would help me a lot.

Thanks,

Scy
Old 02-06-2006, 08:18 AM
scyan

Default RE: Question for Sleepy about rs4 MT, or anyone actually, diff question !

sleepy ? Anyone ?

Pls !

scy
Old 02-06-2006, 10:37 AM
sleepy23
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Question for Sleepy about rs4 MT, or anyone actually, diff question !

yeah, i will try to check it out tonight when i get home. dont expect to get a reply before about 10pm eastern time ( i have to hit the gym and do a few other things first)
Old 02-06-2006, 10:50 AM
scyan

Thats fine Sleepy... do you want any more details ? I feel like the 2 al bulkheads squeeze the diff... it seems to be too tight in there. Anyways, If I have to get rid of it its not big deal, I saw one sell for 40us last week.. hehe Thats why I want to know, I heard that the electric diff is 0.5 mm shorter, which might make all the diff in the world.

Did you receive your al bulkhead ? did you install it, does it fit with the stock diff, ??

let me know !

Thanks,

Scy
Old 02-06-2006, 11:45 AM
sleepy23

i have mine and have it mostly installed. i need to put a few more screws in it to test and see how it feels. i am using the stock gear diffs tough cuz the only ball diffs i could find, the dude wanted like 40 bucks per set.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:02 PM
scyan

Yeah, the ball diffs from hpi sell around 40$ (And the robinson racing al I got sell for that much as well... used to be much more though)
!! I think i'll revert to the bevel gears anyways, lighter and bulletproof.

Ok, here's what I want

1- distance between where the outdrives touch the bearings on the rear bulkheads on the stock bulkhead.

2- Distance with the al bulkhead installed... in between where the outdrives touch the bearings on the bulkheads.

3- If you can, if not too much to ask, total width of the diff assembly including outdrives.

4- Distance between where the outdrives touch the bulkheads on the diff assembly itself.

If you need pics, just let me know... Trying to be as clear as possible but sometimes it's hard when english is not your primary language.. heheh

I'M wondering if the al rear bulkheads make it a tight fit in the back for the diff or if the rrp diff is just too large... So I really want you to tell me if you feel that its too tight with the stock diff, because with the rrp diff it's definetly binding in that spot... Hence the measurement questions.. hehe

Thanks,

Scy
Old 02-06-2006, 10:02 PM
scyan

Bump for sleepy
Old 02-07-2006, 12:20 PM
sleepy23

sorry man, by the time i got home, got de-stressed, and finished working out, i just didnt have the time or energy to measure. If i get back in time from a business trip today, i will try again.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:22 PM
sleepy23

sorry dude, didnt happen tuesday cuz i got back from my business trip about 6hrs later than i expected.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:39 PM
scyan

tonight ? don't worry.. hehe

Old 02-09-2006, 01:53 PM
scyan

Sleepy, forget it man... I just found what was my problem ! I got a reply from the last owner... The friggin diff gear has an offset built into it ! The bearings in it are off center. And of course, I put the front and the back the wrong way, so both my diffs were not moving well. I switched it and woila !!!

Thanks !

Scy
Old 02-09-2006, 06:19 PM
sleepy23

sorry man, i had good intentions of helping you out, work just didnt really allow for it.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:41 PM
scyan

Are you a student or do you work ? What kinda work ?
Old 02-09-2006, 07:56 PM
sleepy23

Mechanical engineer.... do machine design for a major company.
thats why i am always redesigning my t4