Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Best place to buy an RC buggy?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 11:42 PM
MiniMe26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best place to buy an RC buggy?

Hello. First time non-toy RC buyer here. I've played around with electric trucks that you can find at electronic stores, but I'm looking to get into some funner stuff. I'm just wondering if anybody knows of a hobby store in/around Hamilton, Ontario which carries any buggies. If no one knows of any, than what are some of the better online sites to buy from?

Thanks ahead of time.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:58 PM
Rare

Default RE: Best place to buy an RC buggy?

www.towerhobbies.com....WELCOME TO THE HOBBY!!!!!!!!
Old 02-06-2006, 12:03 AM
MiniMe26

Woah, I'll check it out. Thanks for the fast reply. Any recommendations for a first buggy?
Old 02-06-2006, 12:09 AM
Flyojumper

I second the recommendation for TowerHobbies and I highly recommend the Evader Pro Bx (either kit or RTR) for a buggy.
With the current coupon out (see 1st page on site) you can get the Evader Pro Bx RTR for $169.99!
Old 02-06-2006, 12:12 AM
moose_guy70

for a 1st hobby grade car I would say http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXJJA4&P=ML you have to build it but it will be a way for you to get to know your car. you also need electronics. There are a few people on this web sit that have them and ive herd good things about them. Oh and you also need a battery or 2 and a charger.

EDIT: it also come with an esc but im not shure about the motor
Old 02-06-2006, 12:18 AM
Flyojumper

However, the Rising storm would end up being a less performing car with less potential hop ups (at least in the US) and will actually end up costing him more after all electronics and radio.
For 65$ more (after that coupon) he gets a 70$ Futaba radio, a 65$ ESC compatible with 12t mod motors, aluminium shocks, etc...
Old 02-06-2006, 12:32 AM
moose_guy70

I still think the rising storm would be a good beginer car because he could gain exsperience by puting the car together and having the satisfaction of knowing he built the car he is driveing. Both the evader pro BX and the rising storm would be good beginer buggies. a truck would probaly be a better beginer though I think.

Evader Pro BX: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXFGE7**&P=ML
Old 02-06-2006, 12:40 AM
MiniMe26

I'll probably order the Evader Pro BX tonight. Again, thanks a lot for the help guys. Looks like I'm gonna be very active in this forum when it get's here.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:14 AM
Evader_Newbie

i have an evader too and it's holdin up pretty well, but once you get it, don't get into 4 foot jumps yet (until you're a bit more experienced) i broke 4 parts on my first 2 weekss of buying it..lol). But other than that, you should be pretty happy of what ur gettin'

P.S when u get it, tell us how it holds up on a forum....

happy racing!!