Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc
View Poll Results: A poll
Bashing
60.42%
Racing
39.58%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Racing or Bashing - What's Tougher on your Truck?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 05:39 PM
happywing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racing or Bashing - What's Tougher on your Truck?

I get the impression that most think that bashing is harder on their vehicle than racing. I don't feel that way. With bashing, I control the conditions. The jumps are at an angle I set to the landing area of my choice (usually grass). When I'm going for big air while bashing, I can bail out if I don't like the approach. When racing, I'm pushing my vehicle to the limit while trying to maintain control. Sometimes I lose control. If I'm not lined up good for a big jump, I have to try it anyways, hoping to get a lucky landing. Sometimes I don't get lucky. I have more bad landings and more contact (with walls and other vehicles) while racing. Bottom line is, I break more parts while racing than bashing. How about you?
Old 02-06-2006, 05:52 PM
kostaktinos_mt

Default RE: Racing or Bashing - What's Tougher on your Truck?

my vote is for racing. when i bash, there is noone after me. that makes me drive carefully. if i break a part when bashing, thats because i screwed up. racing is another story. when it comes to durability, i am not convinced by videos of bashers doing jumps with 3-6 feet of air via a ramp at their yard. what convinces me, is seeing an offroad car accelerating 0-40or50mph before taking a jump which requires skills to both do and land, cartwheeling sometimes or crashing on another truck, then AGAIN AND AGAIN and again, lap after lap... THAT is the true challenge for the durability of every offroader... same with the cornering... its easy to turn alone at a parking lot or a yard, but it isn`t that easy to corner [without carnage] with 3-4 other trucks at a relatively small [but tight] corner on a track... longetivity is what distinguishes the 'lucky' durability from the true durability... [IMO]
Old 02-06-2006, 07:48 PM
Viper 15

I agree, racing has cost me more parts than bashing.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:11 PM
gunnut

I voted bashing. It really depends on what kind of bashing you do. How crazy[sm=spinnyeyes.gif] you are hehe
Old 02-06-2006, 08:17 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

well consider this: When you race, you must do a certain number of laps, or run around the track in so many minutes, trying to get the most laps. If you don't suck, then racing is much harder. Bashing, you can stop any time you want. there's nothing stopping you. Racing, you paid money to race, and so you have an incentive to keep racing, and this in turn makes racing much harsher.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:28 PM
gunnut

That's true. I probably shouldn't have voted since I have ZERO racing experience. Whenever I race my brother in the back yard his evader always breaks, so maybe that means something
Old 02-06-2006, 09:41 PM
happywing

Bashing is winning the poll, but all the comments support racing. Is it possible that the "bashing" voters have never raced?
Old 02-06-2006, 10:21 PM
fugaziiv

i dunno, but i know that racing is costing me more than bashing ever did. (loving every minute)
Old 02-07-2006, 03:14 PM
happywing

Bashing's still winning. I wanna hear from some "basher" voters.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:23 PM
traxxspirit

bashing. I dont see races where trucks are doing backflips and getting huge amounts of air.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:03 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Racing is deffinatly harder on your car. Just try and see.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:47 PM
Mac83

I voted for bashing. I guess it depends on who you are and what you do. I've personally broken way more parts just playing around than racing. When I race I try my best to keep from wrecking and will drive a slower lap if necessary to keep control. Bashing I'm pretty well wide open the whole time.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:38 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

Well, the track is almost always the same, but when i bash i always find something new and stupider than the last bashing thing that i did. Overall, i don't really break too many parts. I'm good at jumping, so i always land on four wheels and i usually run tamiyas when bashing, and they're tough as a rock.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:41 PM
kuhndog599

it depends how hard you bash like when you jump over your house. lol.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:45 PM
MBX5T Maniac

Okay, let's look at drivers like Mac, no offense man. He drives slower just too keep from wrecking. Now as we know, when you are a competitive racer, you won't give a damn if your car breaks, you just go all out. Most people that hit bash are either bashers, that haven't raced, or bashers that have raced, but were slow, and cautious. Or just racers that are cautious, and bash occasionly.

But if you are like me when you race, you just try to get down the fastest laps, and don't give a damn if the car breaks.
Also consider this, racers have very race oriented cars, such as the T4, which are extremely fragile compared to other trucks. Most bashers will not bash cars like the T4, but instead trucks like the T3 and rusty, and pede. These things will will not do crap in racing, and so they won't break. But what the hell am I now saying? I'm confused.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:49 PM
Doahh

One guy brought his rusty to the track and wouldn't let off the throttle so he broke something every lap....
Old 02-07-2006, 07:30 PM
happywing

I saw the same thing last week with a Stampede. He was breakin' stuff left and right. Granted, it was his first time racing (which explains why he came with a Pede). My Pede is bash-only and I rarely break anything.
Mayhem makes some good points. I could give-a-rip whether I break something or not when I race. BUT (and that's a big but) race trucks are more fragile than bash trucks.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:30 PM
finalimpact

i voted bashing.....i dont break as much on the track as i do in the backyard. for me i like to jump whatever i have laying around the house and sometimes its really stupid. i guess as stated by a few it really depends on you as a driver.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:55 PM
David236

I'll have to go with racing too I have broke way more stuff racing than I have bashing.....Mostly because in racing your pushing your vehicle to its limits within the confines of a race course so if you lose control you don't have alot of room to try and save it. With bashing however you have open spaces to work with...........
Old 02-07-2006, 11:40 PM
Mac83

ORIGINAL: mayhem maniac

Okay, let's look at drivers like Mac, no offense man. He drives slower just too keep from wrecking. Now as we know, when you are a competitive racer, you won't give a damn if your car breaks, you just go all out. Most people that hit bash are either bashers, that haven't raced, or bashers that have raced, but were slow, and cautious. Or just racers that are cautious, and bash occasionly.
You seem to have misunderstood me. Our turn marshals aren't the quickest in the world. Wrecking costs lap time. I may double/single a triple instead of going big because if I wreck it's not worth it. Any competitve racer who "won't give a damn if your car breaks" better be one heck of a driver, because if your car breaks you're out of the race.

By the way, is there anyone you left out of your description of people that bash? [:-]

No offense dude, just trying to clear that up.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:42 PM
MBX5T Maniac

ORIGINAL: Mac83

ORIGINAL: mayhem maniac

You seem to have misunderstood me. Our turn marshals aren't the quickest in the world. Wrecking costs lap time. I may double/single a triple instead of going big because if I wreck it's not worth it. Any competitve racer who "won't give a damn if your car breaks" better be one heck of a driver, because if your car breaks you're out of the race.

By the way, is there anyone you left out of your description of people that bash? [:-]

No offense dude, just trying to clear that up.
What do you mean by this?

And sorry about the misunderstanding.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:57 PM
Mac83

Most people that hit bash are either bashers, that haven't raced, or bashers that have raced, but were slow, and cautious. Or just racers that are cautious, and bash occasionly.
I just can't think of many people you left out. Just messing with ya though.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:05 AM
MBX5T Maniac

I'm confused now. Stop it!!!!
Old 02-08-2006, 09:35 AM
jaejw1

im voting for bashing,, im one of those that likes to do the backflips out of the skateparks bowl section,, i also play hard on the street. ,, jumping off curbs barely missing poles and tree roots.. obstacles,, have taken my car to the park where some kids made a track,, many many lil rocks still there.. my mini doesnt like them,, my 4wd buggy doesnt like them but my ST doesnt care.. also when you set your car for bashing you tend to think that it is invinciple, and you bash harder...

racing.. the ramps are MADE for that scale car,, and there are landings.. the track is smooth without FOD's getting in the way (foreign objects and debrie)

the track believe it or not is a more controlled enviroment it is the same thing over and over and over.. and it is easier to set up your car for a track because it is constant.. bashing you could go from one terrain to the next within a second

so i would vote bashing will kill your car faster.. and i do both.. i bash more than i can go out and race... only becasue i can go outside any time,, the track is only available twice a week and a seperate day is for racing so 3 days total...

and by the way,, when you are racing/practicing you are trying to become very smooth,,, bashing doesnt require you to be smooth,, just to have some balls..,,
Old 02-08-2006, 05:11 PM
Rampede

ORIGINAL: happywing

I saw the same thing last week with a Stampede. He was breakin' stuff left and right. Granted, it was his first time racing (which explains why he came with a Pede). My Pede is bash-only and I rarely break anything.
Mayhem makes some good points. I could give-a-rip whether I break something or not when I race. BUT (and that's a big but) race trucks are more fragile than bash trucks.

exactly. race trucks are light and fragile while bashers are built for bashing, all in all bashing is harder on the truck, racers break more cus race trucks are fragile. i have never seen someone jump a car (real car) or pull tripple backflips at the track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.