Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

need help please

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 07:30 AM
pete075

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help please

hi all ,

i was useing my evader today and went thru 3 battery packs ,used the #1 pack let it cool then put on charge. #2 pack installed after evry thing cool & checked over truck no worries with these two battery packs .pack #1 battery fully charged and everything cool used for ruffly 20 mins or so then started to get sluggish so i knew that the battery was goin flat so i drove the truck over to where i was and turned evrything off truck first then control took strap off and battery out but when i went to unplug i noticed that the positive side of the connector from my esc side was melted together like it had been shorted out .i have Tamiya style plugs so they will only go on one way also i noticed that my ESC was extremely hot but now i will have to do some rewireing i think ..... of anybody can suggest why on my last run was everything so friggin hot (battery,esc & motor)?

please help me out as i am a new comer to electric

P.S.. BATTERY PACK #1 IS *venom racing 1800 nicd power pack
BATTERY PACK #2 IS *team orion ROCKET PACK 2400 NI-CD pack
BATTERY CHARGER IS *ANSMANN energy ACS 67P+ 7.2 - 8.4 v super fast delta-peak charger
i only have thes 2 battery packs
thanks for any advice you can give
Old 02-07-2006, 08:15 AM
nayslayer

Default RE: need help please

I'm kinda new myself, but i think thats a problem with most of those connectors, get some deans, or powerpole's, and get rid of what you have. I doubt you have any electical damage. Just need to do some soldering and cutting.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:14 AM
happywing

Good advice. Those connectors cause a lot of resistance. Also, did you let the motor and ESC cool down a bit between runs? Reheating and already hot motor will cause a drop in performance. A worm commutator or worn brushes will cause extra draw/heat too.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:03 AM
raz54

Put on some Deans ultra connectors to the battery and the motor and that won't happen again.