Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

ANy Motor To Make XXX-T Whellie ? ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 08:33 PM
Rc3102006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ANy Motor To Make XXX-T Whellie ? ?

I've been having a XXX-t for more then a year and havent changed the motor since i also have an RC18T and A Nitro TC3, i have a brushless in the Rc18t so im sure the brushless on the XXX-T will Be sweet but i just want something in between fast and slow but more toward fast and will still have good runtimes my ECS can handle down to 15 turns and im also looking for some battery packs..

With the stock motor it can almost whillie but i want something better. I want to be able to have torque but also medium fast speeds.

Any help would be apreciated. I see many here like the Reedy Quad mag 19 turn why ?? Anyone tried it on a XXX-T.........

Thanks alot.... Im new to this forum but been in this hobby for some time.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:38 PM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

Default RE: ANy Motor To Make XXX-T Whellie ? ?

Don't know how much you're looking to spend, but I use to run (until I went brushless ) a 15x3 P-94 in my B4 quite often. Top speed was around 31-33 depending on gearing, and runtime was pretty good, over ten minutes I would say. It wheelied my B4 like crazy so it shouldn't have any trouble making your XXX-t do them.

The P-94's are pretty old motors though, I would try one of the newer Trinity motors, unless you can get a good deal on a P-94 like I did.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:08 PM
wookie_racer
My Feedback: (8)

the B4 is lihgter up front so thats would cause t to do that(sorry if that sounded like a smart ***** comment it is not ment to). i run a 12x2 in my MF2 and it wellies but the internal gearing is differant in the xxx-t so i would say around a 14t-12t should do it ad gear a little lower.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:25 PM
Rc3102006

Any 15 turn or more with wat battery will make my XXX-T do whillies ?
Old 02-08-2006, 09:33 PM
-Inverted-

Maybe look at a novak brushless system that comes with an ESC for best efficiency and power.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:33 PM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

GP3300, Gp3700, IB3800, 4K, etc. should be fine for your batteries.

I won't give a link to where I purchase mine from though, would just cause too many problems, and frankly I'm sick of that arguement
Old 02-08-2006, 10:13 PM
Rc3102006

Whats the difference between the Ib 3800 and 4k or the Gp 3300 ? What run times would i get with a Mod 15 turn ?? Or with a 19 turn quad mag .... anyone here try the Team Screem Motors there tuned and dyno tuned by Team Screem and there 19t Quad Mag same as the reedy Quad Mag excempt tuned to the max and dyno tuned and come with the dyno sticker with specs....
Old 02-08-2006, 11:46 PM
jdmkyosho
Banned

Get some grippy tires and gear down a lot. There is your solution with no motor.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:50 AM
Speedmunkey
Banned

It's hard to get a XXX-T to wheelie for the simple fact that it is designed properly. Wheelies, despite how cool they are, indicate a balance problem with the vehicle. Losi tends to design their stuff so that it performs properly under racing conditions, and thus, doesn't wheelie.. You want piss poor design that'll wheelie if you look at it funny? Get a Traxxas..
Old 02-09-2006, 10:48 AM
-Inverted-

You want piss poor design that'll wheelie if you look at it funny? Get a Traxxas..
LOL, the man speaks the truth!