Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

gearing question

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 04:16 AM
Rare

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gearing question

ive been asking people on this forum how to gear a Rustler with a Novak SS5800 with the stock tires....but ive gotten diff answers.....can some1 who knows help me out?[]....id like to know what size spur and what size pinion....id also like to know what size spur and pinion would i need to run IMEX G-HAWG tires with the SS5800....the stock spur is a 84T right?.....Thanks!
Old 02-10-2006, 11:20 AM
SS Pede

Default RE: gearing question

I'm pretty sure the stock Rustler gearing is 18/84. Based on my experience with my Stampede, I would but a few smaller pinions like 14 tooth or more. Your Rusty will probably even run decently with the stock gearing, but you might not quite have the acceration you want. So a few teeth smaller on the pinion should be good (that's what I did with my Stampede).
Old 02-10-2006, 01:25 PM
Rare

15Tpinion with the stock tires and 13Tpinion for the G-HAWGS?
Old 02-10-2006, 08:17 PM
SS Pede

13/84 might be lower than necessary, but I'm not sure. Someone who owns a Rustler should chime in though. I was just giving an educated guess based on my experience with the Pede.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:54 PM
discgolfer72

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

speaking of gering im rinning a 11t orion method motor in my new rc10 t stock spur and 18t pinion the motor it self is not getting warm but i just ran for 1-2 min and the wires and the part where the wires connect are super hot and melting is this a gearing prob or could it just be the cheap wires that came with the method motor im guessing its the wires cause my 8 t reedy motor dosent do it with same gear setup
Old 02-10-2006, 09:50 PM
discgolfer72

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well its not my gearing its the piece of s##t orion method motor i took out of my car and the thing is amokeing like crazy and getting red hot i just bought a week ago and only had one 1-2 min run with it when i noticed that it diddnt seem right thought it might be gearing bet i dont thing so