Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

finally brushless

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 10:56 AM
cavfighter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default finally brushless

Well guys I kept saying I was going to get the brushless system soon. Well today is the day. I am running to the LHS this morning and am going to pick up the sphere and neo 2 or 3 for my FT T4. I am just plain tired of brushed and trying to find someone that can turn the comm for me without a big hassle. Prime example is my reedy quad. Just picked it up in Dec and it needs a cut in a big way already. Anyway looking forward to the fun and ease of maintenance with the brushless setup.
Old 02-11-2006, 03:46 PM
studysession

Default RE: finally brushless

Let us know what you think of it after you get it. Cheers
Old 02-11-2006, 03:59 PM
cavfighter

just got back. charging the packs and about to install it now. def will let you guys know here soon.
Old 02-11-2006, 08:31 PM
cavfighter

well put it in and ran her. it runs awsome. at first with my 19T and stock spur it I was kinda unimpressed with the take off and speed. this is running with dirt hawgs though. then I switched the pinion to 17 and this freaking thing came alive and flew. the slipper now needs to tightened because with this setup it probably goes 3 to 4 feet slipping lol. the only concern I have is it was a little warm. I think the ideal setup would be with a 18T pinion but unfortunatly only have the odd numbers. I can say I am not a total speed freak but the control and take off of this is incredible compared to my stocker, 11T KR, and 19T quad mag. I am happy as hell. Next stop 18T pinion and my GPS. thanks to all the research that you guys have done especially the speedmonkey dual between Novak and LRP. both are nice from what I have heard and my lil brother is planning on going with the 5.5 on his evader pro so it should be interesting. Oh for those who wonder what I went with I decided the sphere and the neo 2.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:13 PM
gunnut

sounds cool-- what kind of batteries are you running? just curious
Old 02-11-2006, 09:18 PM
cavfighter

right now I am running one team fusion gp3300 7cell which flies and the rest are just unmatched gp3300 stick packs from radio shack. my next step is a better radio than hookin up with boom boom and getting real. the fusion batt set me back quite a bit and I soon realized 7 cells are fun but hard on equipment so she gets a few short runs just for speed and for gas cars now lol. I am still running an older am radio but to much dismay to allot of people with am brushless I have no glitching. I know that has been a prob.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:09 PM
gunnut

You're lucky! I've got bad glitching with my novak setup[:@]. I'm just running duratrax 3300 stick packs in mine.
[8D]