Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

worth it... brushless

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 03:30 PM
skate5290

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default worth it... brushless

well, i have been looking for a while into putting more power in my evader. I mainly run my evader on my long driveway and on the grass. will a brushless system be worth all the stripped gears, plus i wont really be able to run thru the grass since the slipper will be set loose. i have seen videos of evaders with brushless running through the grass and it is not impressive, i am talking about 5-10mph max.
so tell me, where these evaders just not set-up properly or is brushless, really just not worth it

thanks, i know there have many many brushless topics in the past but i just want to get a defintite answer.

will brushless give me the power i expect of my t-maxx on the grass?
Old 02-12-2006, 03:33 PM
f150dan
My Feedback: (18)

Default RE: worth it... brushless

I just got the Novak SS 5800 in my Stampede and it is definately worth it in my truck.

I don't know about Evaders, but if I got brushless I wouldn't set the slipper too loose. It would just burn up spur gears and slipper disc. I would upgrade a few of the parts in the tranny to handle that power.
Old 02-12-2006, 03:36 PM
cavfighter

all the stadium trucks will suck in grass. my T4 just spins the tires in the grass. As far as brushless I love it. I agree with the slipper being to loose though. I just installed the LRP sphere and Neo 2 star and its a rocket. the sphere comes with a low traction setting so you could adust it for your needs. i would imagine the Novak systems have that option also. I am just looking forward to not having to replace brushes and having comms turned.
Old 02-12-2006, 04:06 PM
skate5290

yeah, if i got mashers do u guys think the evader would be like my maxx on grass?
Old 02-12-2006, 04:14 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

Pretty close, but something with knobbies is best for grass. The power would be equivilent though.
Old 02-12-2006, 04:20 PM
skate5290

man, i dont know what to do, i want more power in this evader but will the power ever be fun in the grass? i dont want to spend all this money and be terribly dissapointed.
Old 02-12-2006, 04:23 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life

If you get dirt paw tires or tamiya off road tires, you'll be able to wheelie in grass. I used to all the time with those tires.
Old 02-12-2006, 04:26 PM
gunnut

My brother has masher 2000s on his evader pro ST and it's much better in the grass with them. These tires are much taller than the stock tires. The extra clearance really helped it on the grass and now he can drive it down steps easily. The chassis doesn't hit the ground anymore when suspension is bottomed out. Plan on gearing differently to keep from burning things up.
Old 02-12-2006, 05:29 PM
happywing

I have a T4 that I race on grass and it keeps up with the 1/8 nitros. Now, this is a track with the grass cut very short, so that may be the difference. I run Losi Stop pins all around and get great traction. I can get to 40mph.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:08 PM
skate5290

gearing diffrently, how would u guys gear an evader w/ masher 2000 and with a sphere/neo 2,3, and 4 combo?
Old 02-12-2006, 07:09 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life

like 14/88
Old 02-12-2006, 07:41 PM
gunnut

ORIGINAL: tamiyacrawler

like 14/88
Yep. I concur.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:12 PM
treflip98

Not to offend ne electric guys cause I am one 2, but i recommend u just either mod out ur tmaxx or or get a revo or something. I have drove my bros evader with a mod motor in it off road and its performance was really good and got good acceleration. The fun thing about my revo compared to an electric evader is that its ground clearence is higher and u can do backflips and stuff cause its 4 wheel drive. Also an st electric is going to be much slower in the grass than a nitro monster truck do to the difference in ride height and the tires. You could always just spend about $30 on tires and another $200 or so on a brushless set-up. Go with what you want to do. That always worx best in the end for me.