Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

EMAXX SO BAD? OR EZILLA SO GOOD?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 07:22 AM
spainman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EMAXX SO BAD? OR EZILLA SO GOOD?

Hello,
My name is Arthur and I am new here.

My English ist not the best ( Sorry) But i hope I can explain my question.

MY Girlfriend has good an Ezilla and it is a very nice Monster Truck, I want to buy also one, but I Am not sure if the same or an E.maxx.

In ohter Threads i have read arround here, a lot of people a telling that the Ezilla is faster and is more durable that the Emaxx.

I really want the Emaxx to do not have the same car as my girlfriend.

But ist the Emaxx really slower out of the box as the Ezilla ? Is it true that it brakes more that the Ezilla ??

I hope somebody could help me and give some good answers.

Thank you and sorry for my English.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:29 AM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

Default RE: EMAXX SO BAD? OR EZILLA SO GOOD?

I don't own an e-maxx, but my neighbor does. It's not that good. The screws are weak, and it's pretty slow. I've heard alot better stuff on the e-zilla.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:52 AM
spainman

I have been thinking the same that the Ezilla is more durable, but today we have broken Two things on it.[]

So now I really dont know which is harder and better.

Maybe a good Choise is also a Kyosho TWINFORCE SPIRIT.

HOW CAN HELP ??
Old 02-13-2006, 12:26 PM
Infinite Gundam

Just pick one of emaxx, twin force and ezilla, whichever you like best. Among them in stock form, I do not think there is one that is significantly superior to the other two, maybe slightly better in certain aspects. Then there's also the availability of aftermarket parts to consider, if you are the kind who enjoy hopping up and building your perfect truck.
Old 02-13-2006, 01:58 PM
D-crum

thats not true. its not slow and the main thing that breaks is the body post. but the body post break because theyer really high up. you should get the emaxx
Old 02-13-2006, 05:38 PM
E-maxxer

One the E-maxx is not slow. Two the E-maxx screws are weak but then thats the point of upgrading. Three dont get the same as your girlfriend E-maxx is better. Four has the E-zilla been awarded the truck of the year.....dont think so. So your better off with E-maxx!
Old 02-13-2006, 05:45 PM

what the heck the E-zilla is garbage, and if you dont like the E-maxx i have somthing for you ,,!,,(-.-),,!,, ha E-maxx is much better lol.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:50 PM
D-crum

i own both and i hate the ezilla. the shock oil on the ezilla leaks out. the transmission sucks. its just a big piece of crap.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:52 PM
D-crum

if you don't like the emaxx you a (l)
Old 02-13-2006, 06:09 PM
R/C fan-addict

well maybe the ezilla is faster than the emaxx in first gear but definitly not in second! and if it is faster than it in second the torque must suck and the motors way overgeared. I've had my emaxx for 9 months and haven't broken a part and all I've upgraded was ti buy a rollcage and put on some onroad tires.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:14 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Buy an E-maxx, and after a few weeks, there will be enough broken parts to buy a new E-zilla.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:25 PM

what that doesint realy make sense so if it is neggative ,,!,,(-.-),,!,,
Old 02-13-2006, 07:18 PM
capone12
My Feedback: (1)

I've heard of weak c-hubs on the ezilla and thats about it. I havent done much research on that truck but that seems to be the most common probelm. Just pick up a few extra ones of those.

For the emaxx, Ive heard its fragile in stock form. You have to spend several hundred just to get it bashworthy. I havent owned either vehicle but this is what I hear from owners. Although I find it hard to believe that the emaxx is as fragile as some people say, that is alot of weight to lug around. I think the most important upgrade for the emaxx is a good set of batterys. A good set of batteries will cause a truck to perform much better opposed to running some not so good batteries.

Only thing I dont like about emaxxes is the price. The price for parts and tires and wheels etc. is amazingly high. But there are so many hop-ups and upgrades out there for the emaxx, its possible for you to basically build an emaxx just off buying parts off the net. There are many different chassis' for it among many other things that increase durability and reduce weight.

If it was down to me, Id just choose the truck that my gf didnt have!
Old 02-13-2006, 07:53 PM

ha lol me and C-crum are best frends i have driven his E-zilla lol what a peice of crap lol it is not so good at all he had it for a week and after a little bashing all the shock oil came out. and after he fixed that the transmission messed up had to replace it and finaly he barely dives it any more so that wy hes not having any problems rite now as we speak.but he is about ready to sell it and buy a brushless for his E-maxx
Old 02-13-2006, 07:57 PM
kostaktinos_mt

under the e-zilla`s receiver, there is a small tabbed sticker with a serial number, and another one on the steering servo. all those who claim that have an EZ can easily read that serial and post it here. it would be interesting to know who says the truth...
Old 02-13-2006, 09:38 PM
studysession

I think either way you can't go wrong. Both seem to have many pro's and cons about them. I have an EMaxx and love it. While others who have the EZilla will most likely say the same.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:23 PM
kostaktinos_mt

ORIGINAL: studysession

I think either way you can't go wrong. Both seem to have many pro's and cons about them. I have an EMaxx and love it. While others who have the EZilla will most likely say the same.
totally agree with that. i had an emaxx for 2.5years and now i own an e-zilla since september. very very happy with it...
Old 02-13-2006, 10:51 PM
-Inverted-

YOu notice all the people to say yes to an e-maxx is only because they have one. Studysession makes a good point, but personally the e-maxx, e-zilla, nor twin detonator are amazingly great. The best electric monster truck would be a gorillamaxx electric revo, or electric savage.
Old 02-14-2006, 12:04 AM
R/C fan-addict

oh yeah I would love to have an erevo EXCEPT THAT THEY COST LIKE ****IN $1000!!!! I would trade my emaxx for an erevo anyday but they cost too much. Although buying a savage 25 rtr and ripping out everything nitro and selling it then using the money to stick in BL would create a pretty mean electric MT for not that much grub...
Old 02-14-2006, 01:05 AM
duneslider

Spainman,

Lo que ellos estan diciendo es que estare feliz con cualquiera de los dos que compras. Cada RC tiene su propia debilidad. Siendo que su novia tiene un ezilla, yo digo que debes escoger algo diferente. Una cosa buena con el E-maxx es que hay muchas mejoras cosas que puedas comprar para el emaxx. Hay muchas companias que tienen las piezas hecho de metal.

Espero que me entiendes mis escritos en espanol. Ha pasado mucho tiempo desde hablaba espanol. Necesito estudiar de nuevo.

Hasta luego
Duneslider
Old 02-14-2006, 03:45 AM
spainman

Gracias Duneslider - lo he entendido todo.

Many Thanks to all of yoy for the quick answers.

At the moment I am thinking to buy a E-maxx just to do not have the same as my girlfriend.

And I think this: The E-zilla was just Two days in Action and Broke 2 Parts, Waht can happen with the E-maxx I think it can not be so bad.

Did somebody know if their was a Rebuild -Refresh in the E-maxx ( somebody has told me that ,that they have make it better) but I dont know the Year?

Arthur
Old 02-14-2006, 04:03 AM
philp37

Buy the Ezilla. Only because your girlfriend has one. Just buy a differant body. Always go for commonality of parts and technical experience. It is all about product support. And the best product support is yours own technical experience and your parts supply. All RC trucks break. The key is being prepared to fix them.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:21 AM
thecyberdude

Hi all,

I'm having the same dilemma as spainman - not knowing if I'm to pick the the E-Maxx or the E-Zilla!!! It seems that the E-Maxx is somewhat sore and the E-Zilla appears to be the most durable of the two but....the E-Maxx looks is pretty cool in comparison with the goofy looking E-Zilla. On the other hand one might just pick up another body to instal on the Zilla frame....

Well, spare parts can be an issue with the E-Zilla, but to my knowledge some Savage parts might replace the original parts if broken or am I wrong on that one? When I sum up all I've read on the two trucks I'll still misses some hardcore specifications on the E-Zilla in terms of the ESC, the steering servo, gear ratio? speed (meassured not estimated that is)? Anyone have an exploided view drawing of the E-Zilla? I'm very interested in how the drivetrain is designed...

the cyberdude
Old 02-14-2006, 06:03 AM
kostaktinos_mt

for e-zilla info, you may check ezillacomm.forumsplace.com [it doesn`t require registering]
Old 02-14-2006, 09:46 AM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

The body on the E-zilla looks retarded. Get another body.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.