Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

New TC4

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 05:14 PM
ElectricDurango

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New TC4

I Just got a TC4 RTR. When I opened the factory sealed box all four of the plastic shocks were leaking very badly. I called the place where I bought the car ans they said "we know that associated has a problem with leaky shocks, just rebuild them". I asked if it was worth sending the car back and getting another one. He said the next cars shock are probly leaking also. ***.

Everyone I talk to says buy the aluminum threaded shocks....well thats 40.00 a pair.

Is it worth buying the rebuild kits and associated green slime? Or should I spen 80.00 on alimunim shocks?
Old 02-13-2006, 05:27 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New TC4

Don't buy AE shocks, they are the smoothest out but they are a serious pain to rebuild. Get some Pro4 shocks, smooth and nice looking, and probaly easier to rebuild.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:01 PM
Dokioto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New TC4

I got the tc4 rtr. I would get aluminum threaded shocks. I just don't got the $$