Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

EVADER MONSTER TRUCK???

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 04:26 PM
ob1n
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVADER MONSTER TRUCK???

Ya'll gonna kill me but I've tried to put my question in the "Official Evader Thread" and there's so much other topics there that my question is being "ignored". So I've decided to make a new thread and hope it gains more attention.

Now to my question...I've got an Evader BX(got it real cheap....it's still brand new). I like my backyard monster truck bashers.....how can I convert this from a buggy to TRUCK....Texas Style!!!!(No pun intended). And I don't want to convert to an ST...I'd rather buy one. Tell me what you guys(or gals) know with your almighty knowledge.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:28 PM
jdmkyosho
Banned

Default RE: EVADER MONSTER TRUCK???

Your question was ignored because its not practical.
Old 02-14-2006, 05:12 PM

i dont think its impractical.[]
Old 02-14-2006, 05:22 PM
darthballs

i guess ud better go buy an st then cause thats most of the answers youre gonna get or you could get st arms and axels but leave the buggy body on so its not an st
Old 02-14-2006, 05:29 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

Ya, it's pretty much imposiisble to make a buggy not an st but a monster truck without redesigning the whole thing and fitting mt stugg on the chassis. I'm converting my evader st into a 2wd monster truck, but it's very hard to do that with a buggy.
Old 02-14-2006, 06:04 PM
DaveG55

Ignored?????????
I replied to your post.
I told you that I found that the parts to convert between st/bx was nearly as much as buying a new st/bx.
Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear but you were not ignored!

If you want to convert a buggy to a MT, sure you can, just start breaking out the cash. With enough cash most anything is possable.
If you want to do it right it will cost some serious money. Probably more than just buying a new MT.
If you really got the BX at a good price then e-bay it (they're selling for pretty crazy prices right now) and take the profits and get another MT.
Old 02-14-2006, 06:44 PM
EVADERCHAOS

You more than likely didn't get a response because people are at school or work at the time you asked. It also helps to wait more than a few hours for a response.

As for your question, I don't think that it is very practical. Especially if you are starting with the BX. It was not designed to be a MT so some serious cash will be neded to do what you want.
Old 02-14-2006, 06:53 PM
Crash 81 10
My Feedback: (1)

I too am in the process of making my ST a 2 wheel drive MT, and its not the easiest thing in the world. But as a very smart man once told me, "Where theres cash, theres a way!"
Old 02-14-2006, 06:55 PM
ob1n

Smart man once told me...."Money isn't everything......but it rates right up there with oxygen!"
Old 02-14-2006, 08:12 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life

I can make pretty much anything for the rc that i want besides spare graphite parts and of course wheels, tires, bearings that kinda stuff. I can make shocktowers, mounts, all that good stuff, and my dad machines stuff that i want.

Point, it's not costing much to make my evader a monster truck. At the most 130.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:13 PM
raz54

I agree with DaveG55. You're better off selling the bx and buying a mt. But if you want to go really cheap though just put a mt body and the right tires on your buggy, remount your shocks to raise the whole truck and it will look like a mt.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:06 AM
bIGmiK

OK buy yourself some Proline Masher 2000's (tires), these will boost your ride height alot.

Then buy 14/94 gearing.

Then buy a really torque motor.
Old 02-15-2006, 02:25 PM
ob1n

Alright CRUNK!!! American Ingenuity!!!! That's what won the war!!! I'll try that and let you know the results.
Old 02-15-2006, 02:42 PM
discgolfer72

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

man i cnt really help other than tell u to go to a local machine shop and have the parts made to your specs but i do want to say that to many people here keep saying things are impractial im tired of hearing that word . it dosent help someone out telling them that, i think most custom builders know what they are doing is not the most thrifty way to do something but u cant beat being able to say "i built this from this" it makes the hobby unique and heck if u got the money nothing is impractial
Old 02-15-2006, 03:16 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life

Don't throw mashers on a friggin buggy. The front arms are longer, so the thin rims will be at around the same distance from the chassis as the rears. If you put mashers in the front you will most likely kill the suspension arms very quickly and the fronts will hang out like 3" more than the rears. For gearing all you need to do is get a 16t pinion.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:31 PM
ob1n

I agree discgolfer....but that's what we have in this world of today. You have RTR's, ARF's, Prebuilt, Combos, etc, etc.. The list goes on and on. Back when I got started(over 25 years ago), if you wanted an awesome R/C...it had to come from a hobby shop and it had to be built! Nowadays, you get decent, yet impressive, R/C from radio shack, department stores and others. But, I still beieve that the kits will never go away...and if they do, they will return it short time. As far as custom rides are concerned....no one will EVER stop that from happening...at least, not here in America. If that happens...then this isn't America anymore(the chinese have invaded!!!). I'm getting a lot of good ideas on here...and some are, well, reluctant to think outside the box, I guess. The reason for my question was to see if anyone has already done what I desire. And if they haven't done it yet....then I will eventually. You'll see.... Laters.
Old 02-15-2006, 05:01 PM
gunnut

My bro has masher 2000 tires on all four corners of his evader pro ST. That thing can almost climb walls now! he can drive it down the steps and nothing but his tires make contact with the concrete. (normally you'd hear it scraping on everything!)

it's almost a monster truck just with those tires. Go for it man- don't let these people stop you!

Heres a pic of it
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58051.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	408771  
Old 02-15-2006, 05:11 PM
ob1n

You say it's an ST? Did he use the stock evader wheels to put the tires on....or do you have to find special wheels? One dude in here was concern that the front track would be wider than the rear. So, then if what you're saying is true, all I need to do is cheaply find the components to make it into an ST, then add tires and body?!!?? Does this sound right to everyone? Now, it sounds like I need to know what to change on the BX to make it an ST. Thanks for the encouragement and pic(nice truck....although I'd want the body to sit higher). Laters
Old 02-15-2006, 05:19 PM
discgolfer72

here is pics of ft and rear of the st u prob only need longer turnbuckels and the a arms

Name:	Us54270.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	408780   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr54973.jpg
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	408781  
Old 02-15-2006, 06:06 PM
duneslider

I think you will need the whole front and rear suspension to get the mashers on there. At least the front. I don't know if the mashers would even fit on the buggy front arms. Once you get the suspension figured out it wouldn't be a big deal to put mashers on there and a truck body.

Later
Duneslider
Old 02-15-2006, 06:15 PM
gunnut

Yeah it's just stock rims with the masher 2000 tires on them. No modifications were needed for them to fit. I'm not 100% sure but you should only need the front A-arms and linkages.. I think the rear suspension is the same on the BX and ST.

Yeah that body does look a little low for my taste. It's a savage/t-maxx body though so it looked retarded mounted any higher.

We cut the fenders off too.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:18 PM
Doahh

well for the MT look and required parts would be...
ST arms
ST Turnbuckles
ST Front Shock Tower
ST Rear Shock Tower
ST front hubs
and all of that's going to cost you around 50 bucks...
I'd reccomend getting a pro prebuilt and going from there
Old 02-15-2006, 06:24 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life

I'm putting mashers on the st pro, but mashers on the bx jus won't work.Either do the conversion to an st or buy the prebuilt, that will make it pretty easy to make it into an mt.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:31 PM
discgolfer72

here is my latest conversion it cost me 60 $ and it was well worth it
orignal rc10 to a truggy

one on left is what i started out with and the one on the right is my rc10t just for comparesion

just to let everyone know its not better to just buy one i got 4th place in the first race i took it to

Name:	Vt58870.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	408831   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc92733.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	408832   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99806.jpg
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	408833  
Old 02-15-2006, 06:38 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life

How do you classify it as a truggy and not a st?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.