Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Getting back in!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 07:59 AM
anderson5949

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting back in!!

Hey everyone, after over 1 year with out RC I am jumping back in. I am in the market for an electric truck/buggy/truggy and I need to get some feedback on the latest and greatest out. I am not to concerned with the cost. I am wanting an RTR with a lot of high end hop ups. I would like to get it out and run it as quick as possible. Any ideas?

Also if you know of a good place to buy online that would help also.

Thanks
Old 02-16-2006, 08:46 AM
Speedmunkey
Banned

Default RE: Getting back in!!

If you want an RTR that doesn't suck, pay someone to build you a kit. Either a Losi BK2/MF2 or an AE FTB4/FTT4... I'm a Losi fan myself, but the AE Factory Team stuff is pretty good. RTR's are made of cheap parts and slapped together by underpaid workers that don't care how well it works. Even if you are just bashing, the hop ups on the kits I'm talking about are well worth the money. If you need someone that can do it right and won't screw you over, lemme know. I used to build them for my LHS.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:17 PM
love those warbirds
My Feedback: (39)

Try a traxxas product or a druatrax evader
Old 02-16-2006, 05:42 PM
Stolly_50

I would go with one of the buggies that speedmunkey said (xxx-t mf2 or AE rc10t4)

If you want to get one that already has alot of hop-ups you can try e-bay, I have seen some great deals on trucks / buggies / cars on that site
Old 02-16-2006, 05:51 PM
ProfitOfDoom

Perhaps look for a good deal on ebay,that way you can get one of the good kits already built,and maybe even get a nice radio and charger and batteries for the price of a new kit.
I dont know about a evader,I was thinking of getting one then some guy at my local track said"if you look at this thing wrong it will break" so I was turned away from it.
Sportwerks came out with a RTR"Raven ST" stadium truck,even comes with a battery pack for like $180,seems to be a good deal.Its new just came out so you might wait for feedback on it,But I own the sportwerks mayhem 1/8th buggy and am very pleased with it,so im just guessing this will also be quality.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:10 PM
losiracer753
My Feedback: (1)

get a losi xxx-tmf2
Old 02-16-2006, 08:12 PM
Doahh

I got a brushless evader... Ready To run al you need is a charger... 275 I paid over 500 for it
PM me for detials
Old 02-16-2006, 09:36 PM
gm72

You also asked about buying online. Check out Towerhobbies.com. I use them all the time, love them, although they don't stock Losi parts. Stormerhobbies.com and Ultimatehobbies.com are other options, but I haven't used them and so can't speak to customer-friendliness.