Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Finally got my Neo back... AE gets a D-

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 08:24 AM
Speedmunkey
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got my Neo back... AE gets a D-

1 month and 2 days after I sent my Neo back to AE, I finally have a motor in my hands. They covered the damage for me, but the service was less than stellar. First, when I called about 2 weeks after they recieved it, I was told it was finished up and ready to ship out the following work day, which just HAPPENED to be a Monday because I called on Friday.. So, I called back the NEXT Friday when it hadn't shown up. I was then questioned about whom I spoke with, because "we hadn't even opened your package at that time".. So, that sucked. It had been sitting there 2 weeks and it wasn't even open yet. Lovely. So, I waited another week and called again. It shipped! Oh happy days.. What's this? When I tracked the package, it turned out they had sent it back to my LHS instead of to me because they mis-read the reciept which had my proper address, or the return address on the box, or the return address in the letter I sent them explaining what was wrong with it.. They said "oops, sorry, get it from the LHS".. Well, normally that wouldn't be a problem, but my LHS and I are no longer doing business due to a track owner that has let the greed in his heart overshadow the racing we all love. So, I had to contact UPS and manage to get it redirected to my house. They took over a month and I had to hold their hand through every step. I'm satisfied with the fact that I got a brand new Neo, otherwise I'd give them a big fat F, but the service and apathy at AE is pathetic.

oh and FYI, I'm no longer racing, so I'm planning to just sell the brand new Neo..
Old 02-16-2006, 09:03 AM
Elmo6s
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Finally got my Neo back... AE gets a D-

Hate to see you go John!
Old 02-16-2006, 09:09 AM
Speedmunkey
Banned

I'm not going, I just don't race anymore. I still have fun with my Pede in the yard, and it runs just fine with a 19t motor. The Neo makes it uncontrollable.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:40 AM
Elmo6s
My Feedback: (1)

LOL
Old 02-16-2006, 08:19 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Speedmunkey not racing? Holy crap, what is the world coming to?
Old 02-16-2006, 09:16 PM
×SlappY×

how much?
Old 02-17-2006, 03:10 AM
FSTlosiEVR
Banned

Well that AE for yuh![:-]
Old 02-17-2006, 09:20 AM
Speedmunkey
Banned

mayhem, that's what happens when a dumbass track owner decides not to run points for the second year in a row. I could run points at another track, but it is about an hour away from here and with a newborn, I can't be sure I'll be able to go every time they have a points race. So, I'll be racing there a few times this summer, like for big money races and stuff.. What really sucks is that the dumbass track owner used to be a guy I considered a good friend. Now I know his only friends are Washington, Franklin, Jackson, etc... Money drives him, not racing.
Old 02-17-2006, 09:25 AM
bIGmiK

Shame you had to wait so long, also a shame your local track owned is a tool.

But like was asked before how much for the Neo / Sphere?
Old 02-17-2006, 09:41 AM
Speedmunkey
Banned

The Sphere isn't for sale. It's a great brushed ESC as well, and it's running my 19t's just fine. For the Neo, go look at Tower. Mine is brand new, so I see no reason to discount it. What I'll PROBABLY do is sell the one I have, then buy one of a higher turn, so it's more drivable and less ballistic. In a Pede, all that speed just ends up flipping it. Works great in my Losi though.
Old 02-17-2006, 09:45 AM
bIGmiK

OK speed thats understandable. Well looks like your going to have lots of fun bashing at home now [>:]
Old 02-17-2006, 01:50 PM
scyan

Guys, I don't see this as bad news !! It's actually great news ! Means more 1st places to all of us ! hehe

No, just kidding. I meant great news about the newborn !! Congrats man ! I have 2 of my own, 1.5 and 2.5 years old. They're alway's around me when I'm with my trucks.

Hope you have plenty of fun with that... I started racing again, now that the 1st year or so is gone...

Scy