Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

EXPERIMENTING!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 11:36 PM
Ozboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EXPERIMENTING!

Bought a HBX truck(based on TL01b chassis) a while ago to see if I like offroading and yes I do! Is there a way to convert this truck to a buggy as I think this is the way I would like to go(buggy racing). This way I can try out the buggy scene(electric) before I buy something decent! Also any suggestions on electric buggies(not to expensive) would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:40 PM
bIGmiK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: EXPERIMENTING!

I wouldn't relly recomend trying to race a converted car, to buggy. You will have no chance no matter how good a driver you are.

Buggies I recomend:

-Team Associated RC10B4 Factory Team (OR RTR, but the FT is better, but needs electronics)
-Team Losi BK2
-Team Losi CE-XXX
-Duratrax Evader BX PRO
Old 04-26-2006, 08:52 AM
discgolfer72

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: EXPERIMENTING!

hbx makes a buggy so if the chasis is the same i see no problem with converting it
i have several converted cars that i race and place verry well al the time
(and they are 20 + years old)
dont listen to ^^^that a convreeted car in my case runs tons better than the orignal setup and in ur case it should be no diffrent than if u had the buggy in the first place since ur going from t - b as long as u do the conversion right

id look for a buggy manual and see what parts are diffrent than urs and change