Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

get the hot wheels fury ftx! 50.00$

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: get the hot wheels fury ftx! 50.00$

ORIGINAL: metaldog

thats pretty cool RW650. I like that body, what did it come from? My son likes his Fury, but I hate the way it steers. I think Im gonna try a micro servo in it or something, seeing what you did made me want to improve his a bit. Nice Job !!!
Thanks Metaldog!
I got the body off a little cheapie RC car sold by Wal-mart for around $20.00.I like the stock body, but I wanted to be different.
It's a whole different animal now!
Old 07-21-2006, 03:59 PM

Hi, I just bought one of these while working out in america. It worked great whilst i was over there, have now got back to the UK and the range is awfull approx 6 feet!!! which makes it pratically useless!! Do any of you guys with more experiance have any idea what might be wrong and how it might be fixed?? By the way i bought the 49Mhz one.
I know its a cheap car and only a toy really, but wanted to try something that was quite quick and see if my little boy and i were really interested in this hobby.
Any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:12 AM

Tires Tires Please Man I need help with the Tires

Antenna Mod takes this thing about 2 blocks away.

Ok, this is like the only place I have seen any talk about this this little R/C marvel.
I scored one of these from Target for $9.00 FREAKIN' BUCKS. I was watching it reduce in price
and on a hunch before picking up my daughter from school the one day I stopped in to see the
status. The clearance tag said $31.50. It was this price for about 2 weeks so I took it to a price
scanner, it said $9.00, I thought for sure it was way wrong, so I took it to a stocker and asked him
to check it, he and was freaked at the price. This car usually sells for like $50.00 in a lot of stores.
So I couldn't resist for $9.00 FREAKIN' BUCKS I couldn't go wrong.

- Yes it's a little toy but, what a toy it is.
- I am 35 now and I used to mess with this stuff when I was like 13( not saying R/C isn't cool )
- But I am no pro, so I needed a window or sign that said ! GET BACK INTO R/C-ING !

So far I have done the following to it
- I busted open the pistol grip and replaced the lame antenna that came with it.

- The antenna came from a boom box that I do not use any more and the tools used were....
- Cordless Dremel with grinding and cutting attachments to lower the screw mounts to fit new antenna.
- Soldering pen used to connect main connect system board to a washer to screw to base of antenna.
- Plain old glue gun to help with keeping the new antenna in place(since it was not supposed to be in there)
- Heat shrink around main connect from system board to a washer just to be fancy and waste more time.
- More heat shrink around base of the antenna where it comes out of the transmitter, this was to keep it from
wiggling back and forth.

All in all that little project turned out well.

I will say that the trigger could have a wider opening. I'm not the thinest of guys and it can get to be annoying after
a while.

DO NOT RUN THIS CAR IN THE HOUSE, UNLESS YOU HAVE A LARGE HOUSE, IT MEANT FOR OUT DOORS.
It will hurt if you get hit by it, it can haul some arse on the wright trerrain.

-- Next project on this fun little toy ( and I believe that ALL R/C cars/trucks are toys) is a:
-- Paint job.
-- Then Tires.

IF ANYONE CAN PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW TO CHANGE THE TIRES AND A SUGGESTION WHERE I CAN/SHOULD
GET SOME OK/DECENT STREET/RADIAL STYLE TIRES TO RUN THIS ON THE ASSAULT I WOULD WRITE YOU INTO
MY WILL.

I can not figure out how you guys changed the tires on this thing like !QUOT!monstermaker13!QUOT! was able to.
And like I said I need some help on the tire removal and replacement.

I do so agree with statements made in this thread about it being a cool way to get back into the R/C game.
I am bidding on a !QUOT!DURATRAX EVADER ST!QUOT! on ebay, looks kida big but, a good deal.

No the Hot Wheels/Mattel Fury FTX is no Losi Mini but, for someone who is looking to get back into it or
doesn't have a lot of money to spend on a higher level R/C car/truck this is the way to go.

-- I have taken it outside and bounced it off of a curb probably about 20 times and the only things damaged
are the front bumper(it took quite the beating) and the wheels(I ran it by a few curbs and it felt the need to
attach it's self to the curb as it went by)

TIRES TIRES TIRES, yes again with the tires.
I will try to stay current on this thread with some pics of mods done to it.
Super fun car/truck. I look very forward to any advice.
Late yo.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:21 AM

Can you help with tire replacement on the FURY FTX please. I would like to put street tires on it, like GT/radial "Venom" looking kind of tires.
I love the mods you did, could you also suggest and sites on "how to mod R/C cars/trucks"?
Thanks in andance for any help but, to me the tire mods are a must.

-- Richard/hebus2
Old 08-03-2006, 11:10 PM

I would look into seeing if any of the Losi Mini-T or AE RC18 series tires would work. They seem to be around the same scale so it is a good possibility.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:42 AM

hey rw650 whered you get them street treads that ya put on the back they look like the fit perfect!
Old 09-21-2006, 07:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i found the buggy!!! http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=4661189 i want them both!! lol
Old 09-21-2006, 11:17 PM

Does this things have a slipper clutch on them? Just wondering if they can take a faster motor and hobby grade electronics.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:12 AM

i have tried to upgrade the motor in these cars, NO GO unless the motor is physically the same size.

The reason I say this is because the motor housing is fit for a certain size motor and has 2 small white
plastic pieces the hold the motor in place. SO if you have a motor that is stronger and physically the same
size your good to go.

This is a pretty fast car without mod-ding the motor. I would suggest changing the tires, the ones that come
with the car are weak and will wear out pretty fast BUT, the wheels do not attach the same way that wheels
do on a normal R/C car.

If you have a trick to swap out the wheels with out pretty much destroying the ones that come one the car
please let me know.

What I did was remove the tires, then I had to kind of grind away most of the wheel, glue the center spoke
back on the hub. I then took a pair of Team Losi Mini-T wheels and hollowed out the insides, and slid it over
the old wheel.

Thinking about it now you could just remove the tire, take a larger pair of wheels and slide them over the ones
on the car with out having to pretty much destroy the wheels that came with the car.

Like I said, if anyone has any good tricks for changing/anding new wheels and/or tires please let me know.

Thanks.
I will try to upload pictures soon of my version of this $50 little wonder, and show how I made it into a mean little
R/C car, with wheel, tire, paint mods, and mods to the remote itself.

HEBUS2
aka me.[&:]
Old 02-12-2007, 06:38 PM

Hi all ,
I'm new here , I've being on R/C TOYS for almost 15 years , I got all of them (even a Radioshack), Tycos , Nikkos, you name it , last car I bought was a TYCO FTX , the car is fast (I got a Tyco Bandit and it beats it) , I've raced this thing against every car I found and it's final speed is the faster, though torque is low, almost does not move on grass, but on pavement runs like hell ..

Does anybody knows where can I buy the rear tires or if it's maybe possible to use minit's rear tires ... ???

Now I'm planning to buy a Hobby car , I'm interested on a Team Losi MiniT >>>> this car rocks ..

HEBUS2 : pls go ahead and post pics from your project, I'm working on mine , planning to add a bigger motor (Mabuchi RS-360 SH)

>>>>>>>>>> NEEEDDD T I R E S <<<<<<<<<<<&lt ;
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87343.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	619886  
Old 02-12-2007, 06:42 PM

Just so you know.........your the first person to post here in 5 months, so dont expect any responses. Also if you thought your toys were fast, go ahead and get that mini-t with a battery pack and an after market motor.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:10 PM

Yeah I knew it , but I had to give it a chance...

So you mean if a Mini T is stock it won't surprise me ?

Anyway , I'm closer to get my first Hobby grade R/C ,,, batt , motor and funny stuff will come later ,, HOPEFULLY .
Old 02-12-2007, 08:05 PM

A mini- stock on AA's is slow, I think its 7 mph-ish but dont quote me.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:39 PM

Humm,,, sad to know it , I thought It would be faster, maybe I'll look for a 1/18 Associated car

This Tyco TOY runs fast , mine uses a 9.6 V Ni-Mh batt pack , runs for about 40 minutes and I used a police radar gun and for that thing it reads between 16 and 20 MPH , depending on how fresh is the pack ...

I'm a Electronics Engineer , all I did was apply grease on pinions and changed power and motor wires .

guess that is fast for a toy [&o]