Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

M. Pumpkin ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 11:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M. Pumpkin ?

What kind of aftermarket tires and wheels can you put on one of these? I am actually looking for a monster truck type chevron but one that is a bit larger.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: M. Pumpkin ?

Tamiya sells an aluminum hex adaptor that works for M. Pumpkin (I have it on my Lunchbox) and basically, you can use anything that uses 12mm hex...
Old 06-07-2006, 08:43 AM

I LIKE PUMMPKINS!!!
Old 06-07-2006, 08:45 AM

lol get masher 2000 or stock stampede tires
Old 06-12-2006, 06:54 AM

I just saw the Midnight Pumpkin in RC Car Action and thought it looked real cool. Is the RTR version a good truck? I have never bought a Tamiya car.

Thanks.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:56 AM

ORIGINAL: WonkaBalls

I just saw the Midnight Pumpkin in RC Car Action and thought it looked real cool. Is the RTR version a good truck? I have never bought a Tamiya car.

Thanks.

RTR is good if you don't like building up kits.. I'd get the kit version so you can put in the bearings during the build.. (with the RTR, you'd need to tear into the transmission to put in the bearings) But then, I enjoy building kits, so....

It is a nice truck.. I have its brother, the Lunchbox (they are identical except the shell..)..
Old 06-12-2006, 04:26 PM

does the body still come prepainted in the kit version? and it says i would need a radio for it as well...is that just the radio or a radio and receiver? what size servo does it use? where do i buy the bearings that fit in it as well?
Old 06-12-2006, 04:47 PM

ORIGINAL: WonkaBalls

does the body still come prepainted in the kit version? and it says i would need a radio for it as well...is that just the radio or a radio and receiver? what size servo does it use? where do i buy the bearings that fit in it as well?

Well, the new release is called the "Metallic" special.. so the body is actually chromed finish.. in that case, you just put on stickers and you are good to go.. no painting required.. But yeah, typically, you do need to paint them..

You need a radio set.. which means transmitter / receiver / servo. I believe it comes with a Tamiya ESC (TEU-101).. it can handle the stock 27T motor but some people have been using it with 23T Tamiya motor without problem, so maybe Tamiya's rating was slightly conservative..

It takes standard size servo.. for a truck with big tires, I always recommend a high torque / metal gear servo, but I like to over-build my vehicles... (I use Futaba S3305, which has ballbearing, metal gear, and is rated at 124 oz-in of torque at 6V.. a standard one is typically around 44 oz-in)

You can get the bearings from various sources, from eBay to Tower Hobbies to your local hobby shops.. they are common size.. 5x11 (13? forgot..) and 5x8 (1)

Hope this helped!!