Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

New RC for Kid

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 10:28 PM
mindwreck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New RC for Kid

traxxas, associated , losi. almost any stadium truck should be really good to start out with.

won't resrict him to road or dirt. built to take abuse, and can be fast with some upgrades.

i started out with a t2 and its been with me since. its 11 years old now and still running like a dream
Old 07-07-2006, 10:43 PM
crazyjr

The rc10t and t2 are my first choices as they have thicker arms, but the t3 is as tough. I have a stampede and its tough as well, Can't go wrong with any of them
Old 07-07-2006, 11:01 PM
green25

Hey, I think that you should get a Traxxas Stampede for yourself too so both you and your son can have fun bashing your trucks together, you might even get quite interested in RC once you learn about it.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:07 PM
chuckles2000

ORIGINAL: green25

Hey, I think that you should get a Traxxas Stampede for yourself too so both you and your son can have fun bashing your trucks together, you might even get quite interested in RC once you learn about it.

Great...just what I need, someone to convince me to plop down another $200....you do realize I have a 4 year old son too, don't you (who is convinced he needs a Stampede as well)...

Of course you do make a lot of sense.....and at one point I did buy a t2 off ebay, but just didn't have the time or patience right then to figure out how to get it all to work (it was pretty used....)...which is why I will be buying new this time. I don't have the knowledge to know what I'm getting in the used world right now. I think you are all being a bit ambitious when you recommend used vehicles to complete newbies who don't have RC experience, or friends with RC experience, or a local shop to help them.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:16 PM
mindwreck

i'd say get a pede. they are strong and good for beginners. not too many hop-ups for it so he may hit a brick wall in modifying it. most modified pedes that i see are custom home projects
Old 07-07-2006, 11:31 PM
dracohowe

... um actually they have alot of upgrades. not as many as lets say a tt-01 but there pretty easy to find hop ups.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:49 PM
green25

Yeah, pedes are pretty hopupable.(new word)
You can have an almost all aluminum pede I think. (All FLM Aluminum)
Old 07-08-2006, 09:34 AM
discgolfer72

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: chuckles2000

ORIGINAL: green25

Great...just what I need, someone to convince me to plop down another $200....you do realize I have a 4 year old son too, don't you (who is convinced he needs a Stampede as well)...

Of course you do make a lot of sense.....and at one point I did buy a t2 off ebay, but just didn't have the time or patience right then to figure out how to get it all to work (it was pretty used....)...which is why I will be buying new this time. I don't have the knowledge to know what I'm getting in the used world right now. I think you are all being a bit ambitious when you recommend used vehicles to complete newbies who don't have RC experience, or friends with RC experience, or a local shop to help them.
my first car was a used original rc10 buggy (actually 3 of them ) and it was great they are really simple to upgrade and repair and are the toughest electric rc to date i have yet to break any parts on my orignal rc10s and i have 2 that go faster than 50mph(i know ur looking for slow but hes gonna wanna go fast as soon as he learns to drive and upgradeing a traxxas car can be quite expensive) and they cost less than 120$ including the car to make go that fast

and as ive stated before they out preform tha traxxas cars in every way if u r affraid of fixing the cars then traxxas is not the way to go the diffs are gear diffs and the motor plate is soft plastic witch make it verry complacted to adjust correctly to someone that is new
yes u can make one thats all alum and install every upgrade but why when u can buy a older more reliable car that is already pretty suped up esp now that u know of this site dont be affraid to ask anyone a ? on where to get parts or how to repair a certian problem no ? is to stupid here

i own several diffrent new and old rc including a traxxas bandit and if i didnt have my old rc10s i would have ditched this hobby long ago it so frustrateing that the newer rc's are made so cheaply ive broken almost every part on my newer rc cars including the bandit but ive hit a brick wall at 40 with my rc10 and its still running strong

ill find u some vids of mine so u can see the prferomance diffrences betwene the 10s and the traxxas cars

and as an after thought u could get 3 old rc10s for the price of one and a half stampede's
Old 07-08-2006, 02:35 PM
RaVen1357

Are the RS batteries "plug and play?" No soldering or anything, right?
Yes, they will plug right into the Traxas ESC.