Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Alarm Sound from new TEU-101BK Speed Control

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 04:02 PM
davidkohl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm Sound from new TEU-101BK Speed Control

My son got his first RC Truck today for his birthday. It is a Tamiya Blackfoot purchased from Tower Hobbies with a Tower Hobbie brand controller and Tamiya TEU-101BK FET Speed Controller.

Our radio check during installation went fine and the steering controls work okay as well. When we hook up the motor we get an beeping alarm sound. When I disconnect the motor the LED on the speed controller if flashing constant as well.

The only troubleshooting information in the instruction booklet says this will happen if the transmitter is not on. However, the transmitter is on and since the steering works I'm assuming it is receiving as well.

I called Tower, they suggested I call Tamiya on Monday but I'm hoping someone here has an idea.

Old 08-05-2006, 04:06 PM
aer-wubby

Default RE: Alarm Sound from new TEU-101BK Speed Control

Is it a beep-beep type, or a little beepy squal when you accelerate the motor? If it's a beep while accelerating - that's normal.
Old 08-05-2006, 04:14 PM
Rising_Stormer

Mine beeps to. If I leave my car on and shut the radio off the esc startes beeping. But when I turn it back on it stops. Do you have everything hitched up right to the receiver?
Old 08-05-2006, 08:52 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

He he no help yet...don't worry man.

The teu is programmed to beep for many reasons...most common I found is that you have the red plug on the reciever only half way(2 pins so easy to mix up) or your main esc plug is in backwards. This will cause an immediate beeping like beep, beep, beep, beep. Make sure the batteries are completely charged and the motor is hooked up correctly too polarity wise. Blue is negative, orange is posotive. I guarantee you it's not an esc problem, just doing its job and finding the errors so further damage does not occur.
Old 08-06-2006, 01:13 PM
davidkohl

Thanks for the pointers. Found the problem and glad to find that it was not a defective speed control b/c that would have meant my son would have had to wait to enjoy his new gift.

The alarm sound was a constant squeal. I did have the red battery plugged connected properly but in my haste I had not connected the grey connector to channel 1. I had the steering servo plugged in so of course it worked. So that alarm was telling me just what it should have.

Chalk this up to a simple newbie mistake. The moral of the story... "Is it plugged in stupid"?
Old 08-06-2006, 04:13 PM

hey im from marietta to...and i had that similar problems setting mine up aswell..