Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

1/8 CUSTOM Brushless conversion mounts !!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 11:01 AM
scyan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/8 CUSTOM Brushless conversion mounts !!

Hey guys, I'M happy to bring you some custom CNC parts especially made for 1/8 brushless conversions !!

So far, our prototype motor and fan/esc mount for the Hyper 7 is a HUGE success !

The motor mount :

Made from 6061 aluminium alloy, the mount is 6mm thick on wall and 3mm on the base (to bring the motor’s center of gravity down) and features slots to move the motor, a hole for the bearing (customizable depending on the application) and counter-bore screws to bolt it on the diff holder. Its also boltable in the chassis, it’s threaded to make it even easier and cleaner ! This way we minimize flex but if it ever happens, it does so with the spur and pinion so damage is prevented !

The Fan/esc mount

This mount uses your diff holder to augment integrity and also make it part of the chassis. Its built to be very strong around the diff holder and very light and possible bendable/breakable on the back stretch. The reason for that is in case of a crash, we want it to flex just enough to absorb some of the damage and at the same protect the esc or fan.
It’s got integrated holes and sliders to make it lighter and also install fans if the esc is mounted on the chassis below. Look at the sliders on both sides, you could mount 4 fans, 2 on each side to cool the motor and esc !!!

Battery pack holders and much more stuff to follow !

We can be reached at [email protected] for pricing and questions !

Please, if you have any suggestions or requests, don’t be afraid to ask us !

Thanks guys !

Scy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33361.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	511889   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cy77351.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	511890   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pv53125.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	511891   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zt53462.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	511892   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hs95757.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	511893   Click image for larger version

Name:	Of57956.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	511894  
Old 08-23-2006, 11:23 AM
sleepy23
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: 1/8 CUSTOM Brushless conversion mounts !!

my suggestion is to put a slight radius in the lower corner of that L shaped bracket. I see a couple of other things you could do to reduce costs and increase profit....but i am not the designer nor receiver of profit.
btw: that looks like a Solidworks drawing...right?
Old 08-23-2006, 12:47 PM
scyan

Sleepy, pm me about it, your advices have ALWAYS been welcome buddy... Or actually, send it to [email protected]

Thanks,

Scy
Old 08-23-2006, 01:59 PM
sleepy23

my words of wisdom would be that sharp corners are not your friend. sharp corners are prone to breaking/cracking and cost more.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:37 PM
scyan

The mount is made out of a block anyways, so cost is no object. Rounding out the corners would cost more since it would involved more cnc or miling steps. I don't know about strength but I do know that 6mm al is VERY strong. I broke many parts in testing it and it never budged, not heaven a hairline...
Old 08-23-2006, 03:31 PM
Mr. Mugen

I need 2 of those....would you pm me?
Old 08-23-2006, 04:46 PM
mtucker

I have one motor mount bracket and one ESC/Fan bracket coming soon from scyan. When I first saw the Solid Work drawings on a forum, I knew I had to have one for my Hyper 7 conversion. I like the fact that the motor bracket attaches to the center diff to keep the motor pinion and diff spur mated together well. I also like that there is a "L" at the bottom so you can tie it to the chassis to keep the motor from moving forward on quick stops.... OK crashing.

I don't think the sharp corner at the bottom will cause problems. One, it isn't a bend like the Cold Fusion brackets so the metal is not weakened there and two, the bracket is attached to the center diff so not all the stress gets put on the corner.

I'll post pictures when I get them.

Matt
Old 08-23-2006, 05:24 PM
sleepy23

so you are cutting that out of a solid block....????? ok
i personally dont see how you could mill that without getting a radius on the motor holes. those are done by default where as the fillets tend to cost more.
basically its whatever works for you and your application, i am just lookin at design.
Old 08-23-2006, 06:02 PM
duneslider

His rendering shows squared off holes but the actual piece looks like it has a radius.

Wouldn't it be cheaper and just as strong to use an extruded angle piece and then cut it to size and shape, rather than cut from a solid piece? Just curious. I'm not really a machinist though.

duneslider