Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc
View Poll Results: A poll
Brushed is the Best
12.82%
Brushless is the Best
87.18%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Brushless vs. brushed

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 09:59 PM
-Inverted-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Brushless vs. brushed

ORIGINAL: R�reBreed

im talking about a 10l guys not a freaking stampede garbage
Never EVER EVER diss a stampede like that. It may not be everyones favorite, but that dont give you the right to bash it like that.
LOL.

Specracer,
I realize your confident but you really can't argue with Skrappy's logic, sorry but that man is a genius.
Old 09-10-2006, 10:03 PM
specracer
Banned

never bashed it never raced it and dont plan to. ok what are you testing your motors in skrap iron?
Old 09-10-2006, 10:05 PM
Rare

ORIGINAL: specracer

never bashed it never raced it and dont plan to. ok what are you testing your motors in skrap iron?
I didnt mean bash as in "bash the rc way" i was refering to bash as "bash as talking bad about it" And if you never drove it before than dont say nothing about it!
Old 09-11-2006, 12:51 AM
raz54

Let's see some proof to back up your wild claim. And I agree with R?rBreed, it's not cool to come on here and bad mouth some ones truck.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:54 AM
Shmoke_fatsk
Banned

SPEC MAN!, dont get us going ur gonna get shut down!, u gotta lotta!, confidence for runnin ur mouth like that!, u dont have a clue what ur sayin!, how about u get sum real speed readings, of ur top speed, (Not following a car) stright up GPS or speed radar!, or gun, and take a pic and post it!, thats the only way u can prove it man!, make a video of it doing that speed!, Skrap no's motors better then anybody!, its not good 2 have 2 much confidence!, sum yeah!, and hey mabey! its good 2 have 2 much confidence!, but u have all this confidence but u cant back it, up!, ur talkin the talk purrty good!, but how about u walk wit it!, and take sum pics!, or video man!?,
Old 09-11-2006, 07:38 AM
SkrapIron

if you gear it right you can easly go 40mph.i have no speed recorder or nothing but i hit 34 sitting on a tailgate on the highway wile my uncle drove.so are you saying brushed motors limit is 40?i would like to see proof on that to.....

...that was with a losixx buggy with a old p2k2 pro.
Originally, you claimed that you reached 40mph with a Losi XX and a stock motor. Highly improbable, since the buggy batteries and equipment weigh nearly 4 pounds. Having had an RC10B4 FT that was running a Feigao 6s brushless motor on 6 matched GP3000 cells, it BARELY reached 43mph. (That motor produces around 5900k/v which at 7.112v (actual) gave a velocity of only 41,960rpm )

With a stock motor, a Losi XX will be lucky to see 26mph (at a peak rpm of 31,000)

im talking about a 10l guys not a freaking stampede garbage.if you get a nascar body stick it on a 10lss and gear it right you can hit 40.and if you say a brushed motor only hits 56 then your crazy.i know for a fact a fast brushed motor hits over 56mph.and you dont hav to hav a 4t to do that.you can get a 10t or maby a 12t.i might not know much about science but you got something mixed up dude.
So now it's with an RC10L?

In a 1/12 scale pan car such as an RC10L a stock motor would be substantially faster. Since it has a smaller chassis, with a greatly simplified drive train, it does not need to produce the torque for acceleration that the larger vehicles would. That simplified direct drive gearing can allow for a nearly 2:1 FDr/Rollout ratio. It is entirely possible that you did indeed pace 34mph with an RC10l and a stock motor. With a 12t or even a 10t, you could see speeds of 60mph.

But you are comparing a 1/12 scale 1.75 pound pan car to a 1/10 scale 4 pound buggy. You cannot acheive the same performance with the same motor in both applications. The larger you go, mass, inertia, friction, torque and drag all become increasing factors.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:44 AM
specracer
Banned

i never said 40mph with a losixx i said 34mph and with a 10l (1/10) its vary posible on a smooth road.and not going down hill.i dont have all the money to get a gps and stuff like yall.hell i can hardly ceep up with my racing.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:02 AM
raz54

that was with a losixx buggy with a old p2k2 pro.now i got a 10l witch is way faster.and a tc4

Looks to me like you said it was with a Losi. Get your story straight.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:21 AM
jonblazed

SpecRacer youre trippin bro~ there is no way you can get those speeds with the stock set-up you have. youre claiming the speeds that my 4t brushless on a 3200 mah pack push. I'm sorry but i think you need to invest in a Speed Radar. Just bought a Bushnell for 75 bucks. All i got to say is "clock it and post it!"
Old 09-11-2006, 01:09 PM
SkrapIron

Actually, I'd lke to see Sleepy23 work his voodoo on a Pancar. I think with some tweaking, his Mamba Maxx 7700 and a custom sadle pack li-pol, he could push 70mph, if not better.

Whadda ya say, Sleepy? Are you up for a new challenge?

Specracer,

I for one, believe that given enough room, you could get a 1/12 scale pan car beyond 30mph with a stock motor. Your problem is you shot your credibility dead when you claimed to have run 40mph with a stock motor:

dude i hit 40 with a stock motor with 6 sub-c cells.i can hit over 80 with mod no prob.you never had a real brushed motor huh?get one
I'd love to see you do it and tell us all how you did just that, since no one else in the RC world can reach those numbers!

You got called on that exaggeration, you dropped from 40mph on 6 sub-c's to pacing the model at 34mph sitting on your uncle's Tailgate:

if you gear it right you can easly go 40mph.i have no speed recorder or nothing but i hit 34 sitting on a tailgate on the highway wile my uncle drove.so are you saying brushed motors limit is 40?i would like to see proof on that to.

that was with a losixx buggy with a old p2k2 pro.now i got a 10l witch is way faster.and a tc4
Right there, the BS meter just went off the chart! You have alot of guys that would give their right wing-nut to get performance from their models as you otherwise claim. Hell, Sleepy23 has spent over a year shaving weight off of an RC10t4 trying to get it past 50mph with just 7.4v. If getting speed was as easy as you claim, we'd all be doing it.

So you got caught exaggerating again. Now the story has changed to :

im talking about a 10l guys not a freaking stampede garbage.if you get a nascar body stick it on a 10lss and gear it right you can hit 40.and if you say a brushed motor only hits 56 then your crazy.i know for a fact a fast brushed motor hits over 56mph.and you dont hav to hav a 4t to do that.you can get a 10t or maby a 12t.i might not know much about science but you got something mixed up dude.
Like I said before, a Pancar can get beyond 30mph with a stock motor and 6 cells. But your claimed speed is still in doubt. Pacing a 1/12 scale model with a pickup is inaccurate at best. I believe you might have gotten close to 34mph, but without a GPS or radar measurement, I cannot believe you. You've got no credibility left....
Old 09-11-2006, 01:35 PM
Shmoke_fatsk
Banned

See spec!, i told u it'd happen man!, u got shut down!, by real facts!, not by bs claims! like u were sayin!, if u dont no ur speed dont throw out wild claims and change ur story here and there, cause now u have no credibility left and thats not good![X(]
Old 09-11-2006, 03:24 PM
RS4rallydriver

it would be interesting then, to put a really high KV brushless in a 12 scale pan car (or an associated 10L) with 6 cells and see just how fast it can go... I think that 40 or so with a touring car is fast, let alone 60 and 70 in a tiny 12 scale. would you really be able to see a 12 scale car at those speeds? that's litterally "blink and you'll miss it" speed LOL!

so the 10L is 1/10 scale? so that means that you could use a TC body wheels and tires on it? nice.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:50 PM
specracer
Banned

ORIGINAL: Neosphere

See spec!, i told u it'd happen man!, u got shut down!, by real facts!, not by bs claims! like u were sayin!, if u dont no ur speed dont throw out wild claims and change ur story here and there, cause now u have no credibility left and thats not good![X(]
whos running their mouth all im saying is its vary vary posible to get a stock motor going 40.yall all seem to have off road cars.witch is way slower in a strait line then a pancar.theirfor yall will never get neer 40 with a stock motor unless you overpower the motor.and i also really dont care what yall people have to say over the enternet.and i really dont care if yall believe me or not.but i have no proof so i guess yall got me on this one.im not a newb at this just to let yall know.neosphere i know you probly go to all different websites and run your mouth to people but really off the enternet you wouldent do that so i would just shut my mouth if i where you.after i figure out how to load vidios on this computer ill set my car up,bring it to a road neer my moms house when i visit her and let yall deside if it is going 40.how about that?it wont bee soon but i promis ill get it on hear somehow.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:54 PM
specracer
Banned

ORIGINAL: raz54

Looks to me like you said it was with a Losi. Get your story straight.
what are you trying to say???????i had a losi that my uncle sayd was going 34 now i got a 10l and a tc4 witch if much faster onroad then my losi.and also iv learnd alot more things about motors sence then.remember this was about 4-5 years ago.so don try to prove something till you have read the whole thread.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:22 PM
specracer
Banned

Believe me specracer, SkrapIron knows what he's talking about. My bl motor (which was faster than any "stock" motor) would only hit 32 mph on 7 cells.
you got your car geard pretty high dont you think?and why douse everyone say skrapiron knows what hes talking about and hes a genious and stuff.hes just not new to this thats all.in about two years everyone that dousent know squat bout motors will know just as much as that dude.their really isent a whole lot to electric motors.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:26 PM
Shmoke_fatsk
Banned

No man! dont bad mouth me man, u dont havea clue who i am!, i aint hatin, im only on one site this one!, and i no my stuff as well!, hey u might be right!, but ur story changes!, and its gets annoying!, jus pisses yeah off, cause u dont have ur facts stright thats all man!, dont go hatin on me im not the one runnin my mouth off!, i aint small!, im full grown!, sure i might run my mouth off here and there, but i get it done!, i start what i finish!, i aint hatin on yeah man! were kool!, but im allowed 2 dissagree arnt i?, jus cause u say it doesnt mean i gotta belive it yeah that kinda thing!, i do that with all people not jus u!, but most people dont do what u jus did, by changing ur story and all that!, so i dont talk 2 em about it!, yeah no man!, its all good were kool!

Now dont argue with me man!, im not here 2 do that!, but if u gotta problem with me Pm me! and will talk it out!, cause i dont wanna argue with u man!, but the whole speed claim thing doesnt bug me!, jus how ur storys changed
Old 09-11-2006, 04:42 PM
specracer
Banned

looks to my like your the won running your mouth off buddy and badmouthing me.im 16 but ill still kick your ass enyday and i dont give a **** how old you are how tall how strong you are and how much money becouse iv been having to fight my moms dumb ass boyfriends and im kinda used to fighting people older then me..and i dont give a **** if yall punk mother ****ers with you slow ass cars ban me.ill just make a new acount.it dont bother me bocouse i was planing to enyway.later
Old 09-11-2006, 04:46 PM
specracer
Banned

and someone pleas tell me what story i have changed.i ****ing hate this thread its like saying white people vs. black people lol
Old 09-11-2006, 04:58 PM
Shmoke_fatsk
Banned

im sorry but ur a Goof!, im 6,5 220lbs! (i got proof, anytime u want it) u got nuttin on me man! ok so u jus calm down ok!, cause u no if u steped up 2 me u'd get Fed!, so jus stop ok!, ur one of thoes lil boys!, who runs there mouth off cause they got daddy as a bank!, and think ur all that!, but im sorry ur not, now jus stop arguing making a fool of ur self!, now jus be quite and let the thread go on!, ok! awesome THANKS!
Old 09-11-2006, 05:00 PM
_flyin_bryan_

scrappy appears to know his stuff, and i know because im smart enough to be able to recognize it when i see it, and if you think 2 years is enough time to learn everything there is to know, then there is no point in trying to work with you on anything. ive been in the hobby for 27 years and there are always new things to learn.

the moral to this story is,

when you get too smart to learn anything else, you are assured only one thing, YOU WILL NEVER LEARN ANY THING ELSE!!

Believe me specracer, SkrapIron knows what he's talking about. My bl motor (which was faster than any "stock" motor) would only hit 32 mph on 7 cells.
you got your car geard pretty high dont you think?and why douse everyone say skrapiron knows what hes talking about and hes a genious and stuff.hes just not new to this thats all.in about two years everyone that dousent know squat bout motors will know just as much as that dude.their really isent a whole lot to electric motors.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:06 PM
Shmoke_fatsk
Banned

Ive known skrap on this forum for a long time! and he no's everything about motors, everything!, u cant compete! ur jus a snobby lil kid that gonna say the wrong person 2 the wrong guy and get knocked out!, but thats kool, stuff happens right, but dont think ur all that!, and ur a step above everybody else cause ur not!, ur even lower now, cause of that stunt u jus pulled, now i can get mean!, but people dont wanna see that!, so jus PM me man!, if u wanna start anything keep it outta the forums!, ok!,

I do say BRUSHLESS! all the way for convience!, its jus awesome u cant go wrong!
Old 09-11-2006, 05:08 PM
Doahh

spec racer calm down if you don't your internet connection will be banned
and I know for a FACT is is SO HARD to get a 27 turn stock motor to 40 MPH it's not even funny... even in a 1.12 Pan car
Old 09-11-2006, 05:48 PM
specracer
Banned

ok punk boy your realy pissing me of you know.i dont care how big you are how fat you are how tall you are and how much money you got.you are nothing but a fat dude that sit behind a computer all day and talks junk on the enternet and gets smacked around in real life.i know your kind becouse my bro was like that.i know all yall are against me becouse i clame my stock 10l is fast oh well it really dousent bother me couse i have other dudes around the naborhood that chalenge me with their little notro cars all the time for pinks.or should i say cars.it dont matter this is nothing but a thing.you must be smackin on them daretios huh fat boy.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:53 PM
Shmoke_fatsk
Banned

SORRY GUYS
Old 09-11-2006, 05:58 PM
specracer
Banned

and i dont think im a step abouve everyone bro.all i said is my losi hit 34 and if a buggy can hit 34 then i know my 10l will hit 40.then i got thes science masters come up and say im lieing.and other people saying im dumb and i need to get my facts strait.its ok becouse i want a big opoligy when yall do see my 10l hit 40.so can yall stop bustin my balls over some dumb junk like this.we will procede with this conversation when i get a video up ok guys?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.