Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

whats a good touring car??

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 03:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats a good touring car??

i have the radio, mamba max 5700 and 11.1 4000 lipo.. I just need a car.. i want a kit and rtr. here are my choices

losi xxx-s, ($200) ultimatehobbies.. FT tc4, kyosho TF5(shaft) or the losi JRX.. im most of a basher but i do want nice quality kit. im leaning toward the xxx-s cuz it has a sealed drivetrain, but only thing i don't like is the fact that it has molded batt. tray in the chassis and my lipo wont fit unlesss i dremel the tabs.. ppl with xxx-4 and the xxx-s will know what im talking about.. any advice will be apprecicated..

P.S. whats better???

shaft or the belt train????
Old 09-28-2006, 04:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: whats a good touring car??

For basher, I'd say shaft drive = less chance of little rock jammed into the belt drivetrain.. but that's just me... I am sure many will tell me that's nonsense..
Old 09-28-2006, 04:58 PM

I've always been driving around on gravel with few pebbles, and never snapped a belt (for 3 years).
Old 09-28-2006, 05:00 PM
My Feedback: (1)

i personally vote for the tc4
Old 09-28-2006, 05:06 PM

You want the Team TC4 (not the Factory Team) for bashing though, it has a much stronger chassis design for bashing (completely different chassis design)... I'm building mine up as we speak
Old 09-28-2006, 05:11 PM

thanks for the reply guys.. my main concern is this,, i want thte batt. tray to be flat. no grooves or tabs thats made to fit teh nimh 6 cells.. the reason for this is that im putting lipo in there and the lipo are square or rectangle. im not sure if ppl. know what im talking about but since the 6 cells are circular, it takes less footprint than the lipo square batt. im leaning towards xxx-s g+ for 2 bills cuz its cheap and nice car but it has those grooves in the chassis that will spoil the fun of putting the square lipo in... i guess i just have to modify it.. thanks
Old 09-28-2006, 05:16 PM

ahh just dremel the grooves off... the shocks are really nice and I havent worn a belt out so badly that a basher would not use it...
Old 09-28-2006, 05:33 PM

The XXX-S just came out with a brushless system stock Thought you might want to know that - But if you're getting a roller (to drop your stuff into), it may as well be something nice, I would definately still grab the Team TC4 or a Hot Bodies Cyclone S (also supposed to be really nice).
Alex
Old 09-28-2006, 05:47 PM

man!! i was in search of the touring car and found that FTTC4 from teamassociated web site has them for 200 bucks.. i just called them and they told me they have whole bunch of them in stock.. my choice is done.. im getting the FTtc4.. and yes, i confirmed the price and its also factory team version
Old 09-28-2006, 05:50 PM

Dont forget a servo. Also, Im not sure how long you have been in RC so make sure you have a li-po capable charger.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:15 PM

i got the futaba digital new 9451 servo. i was gonna use it in my heli.. but,, anyways, it has .13, 97oz on 4.8 volts and .10 and 130?oz around there.. what will be the voltage if i put a 11.1 lipo? yea, i also have a balancer and lipo charger from MRC 977..