Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Who doesn't run brushless?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 01:05 PM
Eman77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who doesn't run brushless?

ORIGINAL: zephar123

always makes me laugh when people state that brushless is expensive as its really the other way aroudn if you add the price of a good ESC + brush motor.
Depends on what you do though. I have an ESC from a few years ago that ran me about $70. (You can get decent 15T ESC's for $50 now.) I have a $40 Trinity Chameleon2 Pro. And it suits me just fine for bashing around and having fun. It's not like I have the free time to run it every day, so I have (so far) done zero maintenance on the motor.

Granted, the "need for speed" makes brushless attractive. But realistically, not everyone needs to have a 55mph beast screaming down the street. It all depends on what you want. I have a $110 system that's pretty quick and makes me happy. I don't think $110 is as expensive as a $220 brushless setup, unless somehow your magical math is superior to mine.

A brushless setup is superior in performance, I agree. But depending on your needs, it's not ALWAYS the right answer. Calling out anyone with brushed as "stupid" tends to make one look like an ignorant generalizing fool.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:21 PM
Rare

This is like nitro VS electric war.....pointless. To each his own.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:26 PM
Eman77

ORIGINAL: Rare

This is like nitro VS electric war.....pointless. To each his own.
I know, and that's why I kept out of this to begin with. Everything depends on your needs and $$ you want to spend for RC. It's all fun, and it's all good! I just get irked when someone throws out a general statement about brushed folks being stupid. Kind of easy to take that personally, ya know?

I figured bIGmiK was just goofing around (and he was), so that's all good. But some of the follow-up comments have just been rather foolish.

Can't we all just get along?
Old 10-17-2006, 01:57 PM
Shmoke_fatsk
Banned

Yeah so stop going on about it guys, he was kidding!, so dont go on and on and on!, HE WAS KIDDDING!, its whatever you wanna do, think brushed is better? fine more power to yeah!, Its all in fun, so jus do what u wanna do!,

i my self love brushless and will never go back to brushed!, but thats not the point!
Old 10-17-2006, 02:49 PM
bxpitbull

Um, you need to look at my previous post. For those who want to go fast, regardless of brushed or brushless, will need quality ESC. Looking at what I have posted, you will clearly see that a HARA speed control is more expensive than the GTB.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:13 PM
bxpitbull

Maybe it isnt cool to call people stupid, but you have to admit cutting coms, soldering endbells, adjusting timing, 7 -9 minute run times gets a lil lame. If you like brushed, cool. I have smashed many a nitro skull with brushed and it makes me [] that I will eventually sell my Dually.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:22 PM
thaphillips

Don't get the Reedy Quad Mags!!!!!!!! I own one and it's slow compared to other 14T motors. These people are just fan boys telling you to buy one because they have one too.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:41 PM
-Inverted-

Don't get the Reedy Quad Mags!!!!!!!! I own one and it's slow compared to other 14T motors.
I would expect a 19t to be slower then a 14t
Old 10-19-2006, 03:38 AM
thaphillips

The reedy I own is a 14T smart ***. I am saying it's slow compared to other 14T motors.