Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Dual Mamba Max Power Wheels Escalade

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 08:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dual Mamba Max Power Wheels Escalade

Inverted...for more info on our Mamba Max go to our website, click on products, then Mamba Max. The 4600 is more power than a 12T, the 5700 is more than a 9T, and the 7700 is more than a 4T. These can be geared a little more aggressively than brushed motors though...as long as the motor stays under 200F you're good to go. The best part is, there's no maintenance...the motor should last forever. If you have any other questions I'll be more than happy to answer them for you.
I was just messin' with ya with the post above. My only problem is I only have one vehicle I could use it in right now....hmm...540 brushless mini quake...
Old 10-24-2006, 08:40 AM

Hey Joe, Whats the max temp on the speed control?
Old 10-24-2006, 09:44 AM
My Feedback: (1)

As long as you're geared properly the ESC shouldn't overheat. If it does and you're within the acceptable gearing range (ie-no 24/52 gearing, etc) we'll trade out the controller for a new one. I've seen my MM ESCs up in the 180F+ region w/no thermals.

Inverted...hehehe, let me know if you do that. I want video!!! We've got guys dropping them in Mini T's right now!
Old 10-24-2006, 10:42 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey, yes, it was all just assumption.. I got absolutely no basis for any of that (and I stated that..) I was just curious..

I am not saying it is weird that Tower DOES not have any.. I am saying it is weird that they HAVE NOT had any.. so I was told by Tower....

I have no biased against either company.. I am just curious on what's going on, that's all... kind of like relationship between say HP and BestBuy.. HP needs BestBuy to sell some of their stuff, but BestBuy obviously got some purchasing power of their own.. so it is a delicate balance.. do you pi$$ off your big retailer by going direct (compete w/ Dell, so you can cut some middle name / overhead cost) or not compete in direct sell market at all.. hmm....

Either way, I can't wait for my Mamba Max 7700kv to show up!!!

ORIGINAL: Adamg-RCU

Lunch, that's a lot of assumptions about the dealings between Tower and Castle. They're all based on your premise that Castle has been holding Tower's orders and shipping every other shop's. And that's incorrect - no dealer can get Mamba Maxes right now.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:01 PM

Inverted...hehehe, let me know if you do that. I want video!!! We've got guys dropping them in Mini T's right now!
Haha, it would be crazy, I dont know if the truck would hold up though. 540 mini-t? That sounds CRAZY.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:35 PM

One thing is for SURE...it's going to need an extended chassis and a LOT of weight up front to keep the wheels on the ground. I suspect they'll be spending most of their time on the roof, but only time will tell.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well if thomas ever gets some in stock ill be getting one for this(early 90's koysho lemans 1/12 scale) it should take off it weighs less than my rc18mt

and if im lucky enough that hobby town gets a few in stock ill be getting another one for my total custom rc10(its still in progress build wise )
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur52158.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	547440   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id96974.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	547441   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30258.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	547442   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qn38272.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	547443  
Old 10-24-2006, 07:57 PM

That's hilarious!
Old 10-24-2006, 09:11 PM

Hmm, I have a hard time believing the mini-t will be on it's roof with the mamba max, Im not saying the max is slow, Im saying I have a hard time believing the differentials are up to the test. Even full metal gears would have a difficult time, then we have axels, driveshafts, etc. Pure insanity.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:51 PM

Update: My Mamba Maxes came in today, so Castle is definitely shipping out new production units.