Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc
View Poll Results: A poll
Mamba max 5700
67.74%
Novak 6.5R
25.81%
LRP 2-star
6.45%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Brushless Choices

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 11:57 PM
-Inverted-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Brushless Choices

Whatever you do, get the Mamba max ESC, I don't think there is a finer controller out there.
Right.....

It's nice, but it is lacking one thing I wish it had.
Old 10-28-2006, 01:01 AM
Access

Well if you're worried about high drain hurting your batteries, with the mamba you can set a minimum voltage (ie. 6.0V or 5.4V for 6-cell NIMH) and it will adjust itself accordingly. You can't do this with the Neo / Sphere system, I don't know about the Novak. Mamba is the ultimate in configurablity / tuning, you can set many parameters and then even the throttle / brake curves.
Old 10-28-2006, 01:05 AM
Scoob

It depends on how many cells your running. On 6-cells the Mamba 5700 will not be stronger than either of those motors. It is capable of a lot more power because it can be run at higher voltage. I only run 2s lipo these days in my setups. My GTB 6.5 has a little more punch/torque than my 5700 off the bottom just because it's sensored, from there on they are very equal.

I like the Mamba ESC a lot. The adjustabilty and abilty to handle many diferent setups makes it great. I'm currenty racing with the 4600 motor on 2s lipo right now. The motor feels a lot like the 380c 9t but smoother. It is very smooth and easy to drive and feels about like the ss5800 Novak with a little less power and better tractabilty. A good bit more power than the ss4300 though. I've run the 4600 on 3s lipo and it is a beast. I can't control it for racing but it's fun to beat 1/8 buggies down the strait, when I can keep the front end down. I would never put 3s on the 5700 motor, it would just be too uncontrollable for me (unreal power).

This is from my experience. Motors I own:

Feigao 380c 9t
Feigao 540 8s ( most powerful 2s motor I have when gear right)
MM 4600
MM 5700
Novak ss5800
Novak ss4300
Novak Velocity 6.5
Old 10-28-2006, 01:12 AM
RURC

ORIGINAL: -Inverted-

Whatever you do, get the Mamba max ESC, I don't think there is a finer controller out there.
Right.....

It's nice, but it is lacking one thing I wish it had.
Vert you truely drive me crazy sometimes. LOL

I know what you wish it had................... But then you would never let it out of your bed room now would you.
Old 10-28-2006, 01:28 AM
-Inverted-

Um Yeah....I was referring to USB programming from a PDA....thanks....
Old 10-28-2006, 01:43 AM
RURC

ORIGINAL: -Inverted-

Um Yeah....I was referring to USB programming from a PDA....thanks....
Question if your PDA runs windows shouldent it work? I never thought of that. Your brillant. Oh wait thats the bald spot. No seriously that is a great idea. I should call Shawn Palmer at home right now. But that might piss him off. I will call him in the AM. I willeven tell him it came from that funny man with the brillant bald spot. LOL
Old 10-28-2006, 01:47 AM
-Inverted-

As far as I know, No. I believe your install disc needs certain drivers to install onto your PDA. What is one of the main reasons people buy mamba's, - so they can tune them with the computer. I have a laptop as well and I still say it's a real pain to drag to the local race track, however imagine PDA compatibility. Programming is literally in your back pocket. I can already imagine sales tripeling!
Old 10-28-2006, 01:58 AM
RURC

I would hope the sales would not do that. Its hard enough to get one now.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:05 PM
MONSTARUSTA

Well their is no longer a need for this thread. Sadly While out with friends to night I blew the intake manifold on my 1:1 scale 96 Mustang GT. Its one of the cheap ass plastic jobs that ford put on the efi motors.
Old 10-29-2006, 10:19 AM
zephar123

ORIGINAL: MONSTARUSTA

Well their is no longer a need for this thread. Sadly While out with friends to night I blew the intake manifold on my 1:1 scale 96 Mustang GT. Its one of the cheap ass plastic jobs that ford put on the efi motors.
haven't you learn anythign from rc cars??? JUst get soem CA and glue it back to gether .

really sorry to hear that man