Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Worst Case Scenario's???

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 08:49 PM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Worst Case Scenario's???

Whats the worst thing thats ever happend to you when you were driving your r/c? Mine is when my friends warhead ran away hit 3 curbs at 30mph the hit another curb flipped then took off and hit a bush taking out a solar light with it. Thank god it wasnt my truck but it still scared the poop outta me!!! After that incident I laughed and rubbed it off but my friend took it seroiusly and thought the cops were coming so he sat outside and waited. Luckily they never came and the nieghbors never found out who broke there solar light. My friend eventually thought over how much money hes blew on his truck and decided to finnaly sell it.[]
Old 11-08-2006, 08:54 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

Default RE: Worst Case Scenario's???

Well today I was driving my stampede drifting in the rain for like 10 seconds just to show my friend how much power it had but I didn't realise the puddle infront of the curb was so deep. Wne to jump the curb and to my suprise that puddle was a clogged drain pipe so I hit like 4" of water at about 20, filling my receiver and esc with water. The truck's infront of the dehumidifier now.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:14 PM
Takedown

My friends got a stampede to. He broke like 8000 peices on it but finnaly got it fixed to the point were it drives without breaking every 5 mins.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:35 PM
skidooguymxz550

my finger got sucked into a robinson racing steel spur on my emaxx with an hvmaxx

a trip to the er, 4 stitchs and a nasty scar
Old 11-08-2006, 09:41 PM
poe

Why did you have your hand near a turning spur?[&:]
I would say the worst was when my mt2 glitched and ran into a brick wall at 40mph then hit somebody's house at around 20.. One barely broken A-arm thats it.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:50 PM
skidooguymxz550

ORIGINAL: poe

Why did you have your hand near a turning spur?[&:]
I would say the worst was when my mt2 glitched and ran into a brick wall at 40mph then hit somebody's house at around 20.. One barely broken A-arm thats it.

the radio was misadjusted. when i plugged in the batt my finger was on the spur.

buzz saw'd it to da bone
Old 11-08-2006, 10:17 PM
poe

Ouch.. that must have been pretty scary
Old 11-08-2006, 10:39 PM
rcxboy

ORIGINAL: Takedown

My friends got a stampede to. He broke like 8000 peices on it but finnaly got it fixed to the point were it drives without breaking every 5 mins.
He must be either a complete idiot (drives it into walls etc) or a crap crap driver. Stampedes are near invincible!
skidooguymxz550

it was for about two minutes. my parents were freaked out.

it was embarresing telling the story to the resident. she was hot but you know the publics perception as rc as a toysrus toy
icecreamslick
My Feedback: (9)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On Halloween three years ago, I drove my T-Maxx into the street, right under a moving SUV. Sparks and crunching sounds.........and not just from my broken heart. [&o] $175.00 fix. [:'(]

Luckily, I did not damage the SUV, too.

.....they were drunker than me that night.

Jason
Old 11-09-2006, 01:08 AM
Auslide
Banned

Worst thing..

Teaching a Noob How to Drift his new HPI Sprint2..

After explaining to him Polypipe Tyres are not like normal Tyres and that it takes a full 2 Metres for the Car to Brake from top Speed..

Him being a kNow all 17 Year Old, Gunned his Sprint 2 Flat out, Forgot about having no traction. Went to Take the Turn and it just Went straight. Smack fair into a Poll at full tilt. He Snapped the left hand side wheel clean off.

Then I had to put up with his attitude all afternoon..... as I rebuilt his Car.. then charged him for parts...

Worst thing to happen to me : Driving my Offroader through some rocks, Didnt See the Tiger Snake sunning him self... Ran over it and he was not happy...
Here am I thinking OK, I will Just Drive the Car Back pick it up and get going.. no.. He had other plans..
He Struck at it, rolling it over .. Then Just Lied Next to it..

It was a Waiting Game ... Waited till it got cooler and he moved off... then had to go and get the Offroader..

Did I mention.. I HATE SNAKES!
Old 11-09-2006, 01:17 AM
gunnut

My dad's brushless stampede took a swim in the salt water down at myrtle beach. It went into a tide pool that was more than a foot deep, it was like wooosh! then nothing! speed control was fried[]. Luckily the motor was okay.
He claims that the radio quit right before it went in the water-- But I know he was just showing off to the girls walking by... [8D]lol
Old 11-09-2006, 07:51 AM
Takedown

ORIGINAL: rcxboy

He must be either a complete idiot (drives it into walls etc) or a crap crap driver. Stampedes are near invincible!
Ya i know they are I use to have one like 3 years back but i got rid of it because I wanted something different. He either always breaks the front casertblocks or the bearing carriers. Hes got rpm bearing cariers now. Hope it helps him a little.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:41 AM
PsYkHoTiK

Snakes on an RC! LOL!

Well that sucked though... Did it leave any bite marks or anything?

Nothings happened to me anywhere near this magnitude *yet* (knock on wood.)
Old 11-09-2006, 05:01 PM
Takedown

LOL you just wait your day will come to
Old 11-09-2006, 05:17 PM
RS4rallydriver

LOL you just wait your day will come to
I don't know why that statement was so funny! LOL!

I remember on one of my usual drag races with the UPS truck up the block, I cut in front of him (not smart) and tried to gun it but the diff on the stampede unloaded to one side and suddenly caused the truck to flip over, but the UPS truck was so tall that it went directly over the truck without touching it. I had to sit down for a minute after that scare. it's funny now when I think back on it... like, that's what I get for teasing the slow UPS trucks!

I haven't learned anything. I still drag race them!
Old 11-09-2006, 07:27 PM
rustlerbasher

I havent had any real situations or crashes worth mentioning, but I was hanging out at the local park with a guy that just bought a t-maxx 3.3 and another guy that just bought a jato 3.3. They decided to race in the parking lot (even though the outcome was inevitable) so they get going and the jato reaches about 50-55 and starts to pull from the t-maxx (tmaxx jumped the start) and being inexperienced... they werent watching what was in front of their trucks..they were looking right at their trucks... the jato goes whipping right underneath a VW Jetta and the t-maxx smashes right into the side of it (cuz its taller) the truck didnt break but it left a descent dent in the car... i never saw what happened when the guy who owns the jetta came back but i bet he was pretty ticked off lol
Old 11-09-2006, 07:44 PM
rcmaster103

Well, one day I was at this place and I drove my Evader on the side of this huge rock and it flipped and went into a foot deep hole of water which fried my esc. Another time was when I was driving my Evader while driving my go kart. For some reason I hit the brakes on the Evader and kept going in the go kart. Ran straight over the Evader with the wheel of the go kart. Luckily only the rear shocktower broke.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:54 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

Ya that was a prrty stupid idea with the kart lol.

Get on aim
Old 11-09-2006, 09:26 PM
paintstikker

I havent had any BAD ones. My worst one would be driving my knight hauler too far.....went into a real semi....... only the body and servos/front frame were damaged. Its hard to break things on 10 arces of flat land and 6 trees, unless you jump off very large objects....
Snake? I did that with a rattler; thing followed it.....