Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

TT-01 Question?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 07:52 PM
psychorevo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TT-01 Question?

Hello guys,

I 've noticed that the servo saver pops out once in awhile thus disabling my ability to turn . I have to pop the shell and push the servo saver back into the steering servo.

Question: THe TT-01 kit comes with several pieces of plastic to connect to the steering. Could I just remove a lot of the plastic parts and just connect it directly to the steering servo?

Ty in advance. By the way, my TC4 doesn't have it. Why does Tamiya have this? Does it really save my servo? I'm just using the car for drifting.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:04 PM
mark.b

Default RE: TT-01 Question?

i think if you do that any knocks the steering takes will destroy your steering system on the car , i did a similar thing on a madbull . i accidently clipped a kerb an destroyed my linkages , is it that the holes you tighten the screws in to have stripped or are just badly worn on your tt01 , might be worth you putting the alloy steering set on ??
Old 01-14-2007, 12:13 AM
bIGmiK

What it does is makes a weak point in the steering so when you hit something hard it won't strip your servo gears. They are meant to re-engage automatically when they disingage though. You might have it install wrong, you have the screw in there toio right?

I would just upgrade to a Kimbrough Server Saver, they are the shiz niz when it comes to server savers for Touring cars. They actually have a spring inside of them.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:04 AM
Rocenante

Don't know whether this helps you or not, but:

When I built my TT-01, I just used the electronics from my old HPI nitro (I love that radio, airtronics blazer, I think. Cheap but comfy), including the steering servo. After a couple of runs (and a few curbs) I started having that problem with the servo horn popping off. I swapped out that servo with the other one from the nitro, and I didn't have the problem anymore. In my case, the plastic that was supposed to hold the screw had been stripped, so I needed to use a different servo.

Your mileage may vary.