Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Electric Rustler Race Setup

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 10:39 PM
SlowDriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric Rustler Race Setup

What do you consider a good spring/shock oil combo for the electric rustler? It will race on a blue-groove clay track, with small jumps.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:06 PM
SlowDriver

Default RE: Electric Rustler Race Setup

bump ... anyone?
Old 01-16-2007, 06:12 PM
Doahh

There really isn't... the rusty is too heavy to run on a track
Old 01-16-2007, 08:27 PM
mmkain

u can race u're rusty, especially if u lighten it up. the ultimate rustler, shows u how to take 38% of the chassis weight off did it w/ my truck works good & if u're a good driver u can be competitive in the stock truck class. as far as oil weight & springs & preload u need to drive the track & fool w/ u're truck till its good. took a long time to dial mine in, had to get to the track on off days when no one was around, & just run & tweak & run & tweak. sorry couldn't be more help. my track is hard pack w/ medium to medium large jumps.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:18 PM
SlowDriver

Actually it's my 13 year old sister's. My father got her one about a year ago, and she's only shown light interest in it, especially since she drove my Revo. I want to make it more drivable and interesting for her, and get her into novice racing.

I checked out the Ultimate Rustler site. Pretty good stuff there. I'll place that in my bookmarks!
Old 01-17-2007, 01:19 AM
bte214

As long as she doesn't hit anything she'll be fine. Just have her practice keeping between the lines. The novice classes around here are basicly you win if you don't hit too many things and don't get hit by the other drivers. Unfortunately you won't get much rustler advice because very few people race them. Just help her practice her diving. SHe can't win if she doesn't make it around the track, also make sure that it is about fun not just competition and she'll be more interested.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:57 PM
mmkain

good advice all around, u might want to take a look at misbehavin rc, hes got some good tune up tips for the rusty