Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more
Reload this Page >

Which 19t team brood motor will last the longest without maintnence and be the most reliable?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Which 19t team brood motor will last the longest without maintnence and be the most reliable?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 04:43 PM
birel19

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which 19t team brood motor will last the longest without maintnence and be the most reliable?

Which of these team brood motor will need the least maintnence, last the longest without maintnence, be the most reliable, and be the best for a touring car, guess Im looking for the best all around budget motor!! Please help me out however you can, this will be my first race touring car motor and I am new to the electric scene!! How much difference is there between pro and blueprinted motors?

DO NOT HESITATE TO POST A REPLY!!
The motor MUST be machine wound and have fixed timing!!
Here are the motor links-

Reedy quad mag pro- http://www.teambrood.com/catalog/pro...roducts_id=225

Pro komodo- I have heard the need a lot of maintnenece BAD- http://www.teambrood.com/catalog/pro...roducts_id=729

Epic C2- http://www.teambrood.com/catalog/pro...roducts_id=221

Atlas red- http://www.teambrood.com/catalog/pro...roducts_id=810

Atlas evo-spec 19- http://www.teambrood.com/catalog/pro...roducts_id=647

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-16-2007, 06:42 PM
birel19

Default RE: Which 19t team brood motor will last the longest without maintnence and be the most reliable?

Anybody, All i need to know is aproximatly how long each motor can last before maintnence and how good each mototr is, it the motor is bad dont even reply about it![]
Old 01-16-2007, 08:47 PM
Adamg-RCU

Default RE: Which 19t team brood motor will last the longest without maintnence and be the most reliable?

You have to remember this is RCu. There are practically no serious R/C racers here, and it's the serious R/C racers who buy from tuners.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:26 PM
bIGmiK

It is their Cobalt motor's that last longest, I know as I have used 2 of their 19t's and my LHS guy sells heaps of these motors and recomends the cobalts for long life.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:41 PM
sport10

The Element V2 19T is the longest lasting of the bunch by a long shot. 30-40 runs before needing a cut with the enduro brushes. I would get one from tower hobbies unless you are a serious competitor in the 19T class. The guy that is telling you the Cobalt is the longest lasting is selling you! The others listed will need brushes replaced and the comm cut about every 6 runs.

The Team Checkpoint 19T money motor is another good performing, long lasting motor
Old 01-17-2007, 03:04 PM
birel19

None of the motors you talked about are on that list. I want a team brood motor under $40 that has pretty good life
Old 01-17-2007, 03:31 PM
sport10

The ones you picked will all have about the same life. The KD 19T is the most powerful. I recommended the others because they meet your critera and will last much longer than the ones you picked. Worth the extra money and the long run IMO.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:41 PM
birel19

Thats way over my budget, how is the associated reedy quad mag, that looks good[8D]
Old 01-17-2007, 04:11 PM
birel19

If it was between the element V2 and the checkpoint which would you get?
Old 01-17-2007, 04:52 PM
birel19

I bought the checkpoint money motor!!
Old 01-18-2007, 12:51 PM
sport10

You will like this motor. If you want even longer life with it you can use the infinity brushes instead of the included Atlas brushes. This motor is a torque monster so do not be afraid to gear it up some. Just watch your motor temps.