Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Mamba Max issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 08:49 PM
thekaboom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mamba Max issues

I have some calibration issues with the Mamba Max and i need some help. Heres my problem - I can set the throttle endpoint (green LED) and the brake endpoint (red LED), but when i get to the yellow LED it just keeps blinking. I looked in the back of the user guide, which gave some suggests, such as moving the throttle trim and setting the radio at 50/50. I did both and it just keeps blinking the yellow LED (neutral endpoint). Therefore it won't calibrate?

Any suggestions? Thanks.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:56 PM
Doahh

Default RE: Mamba Max issues

That happened to mine right before it completely died... It's almost been 2 weeks and it's STILL sitting on the repairs floor
Old 02-10-2007, 10:32 PM
thekaboom

ORIGINAL: Doahh

That happened to mine right before it completely died... It's almost been 2 weeks and it's STILL sitting on the repairs floor
That's interesting, but i haven't even run it yet. I just installed and am trying to just get it going, i just get stuck when setting the neutral endpoint. I hope i don't have the same luck as you. [X(]
Old 02-10-2007, 10:50 PM
Doahh

I never got to run mine either... should be back Monday hough... =( I wanna have a brushless T4 t run in my yard
Old 02-10-2007, 11:43 PM
Kevin_N

I believe the exact thing happend to me when I got mine a few weeks ago and was installing it. The problem: I had ABS braking enabled on my tx.

If you have one of the Evader Pro RTR series or a different tx with with this feature, that may be where your problem lies. Even if it doesn't, you still might try playing with your tx settings to see if it is the problem.

Old 02-10-2007, 11:47 PM
Doahh

I tried 2 different Transmitters and t didn't work on mine...
Old 02-10-2007, 11:57 PM
thekaboom

Well, i just sent an e-mail to Castle, see what they have to say about it. I don't have the abs feature on my radio, so i don't think that is it. I hope i don't have to send it in to Castle, i don't really want to wait 2+ weeks[].

Doahh, let us know what happens when you get your Mamba back
Old 02-11-2007, 02:46 PM
thekaboom

Here is the update - I was fiddling around with the Mamba today trying to get it to calibrate and this is what happened. While the Mamba was on, I reversed the esc wire and the servo wire going into the receiver. It didn't really do anything, but when I switched them back to there regular spots the yellow LED came on, the only difference from before was that it wasn't blinking. I tapped the throttle and it jolted forward - weird?

So anyone think the esc is calibrated?

Eventually I took it outside for a run and it seemed fine, but i did encounter some other problems. The wheels never stay straight and it seems like the servo is having a hard time moving the wheels. The servo is a Hitec 645Mg and the wheels are Mashers.

Edit - - The turning radius is HUGE!
Old 02-12-2007, 12:25 AM
Thomas P

happend to me 2...i just used a another computer,since the first one aborted the update in the middle of it, in the another , i just sent the firmware to the ESC as step 1,2 and 3, then done out, and did the calibration and it worked, took me 2 days before i got it working... so try to re updte it, and then clibrate it