Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

CVD Axles on the Rustler

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 11:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CVD Axles on the Rustler

I've had my CVD's on my rustler for quite a while now but after I got my Mamba System, Ive been losing the nuts on my rear axels everynow and then. I really can't get the nuts on far enough where the nylon part of the nut locks onto the axles other wise my wheels are on to tight and are tough to turn, but to loose and the nuts are off instantly.

Does anyone else have this problem with their CVD axles on the Rustler? Any tips or tricks would be great, I just started using thread tape but I might not always remember to put more on when changing wheels.

Oh and there isn't a problem when I use my stock traxxas wheels, just with RPM wheels.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:28 AM

Default RE: CVD Axles on the Rustler

Try putting not on backwards. Or use liquid thread lock.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:56 AM

I think these [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXMW72&P=7]locknuts[/link] might be the key to my solution, or even these [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXEV05&P=7]locknuts[/link]. I'll order em both and give them a try.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:29 PM

I don't think it's your CVD's. I along with another person on my block have the same problem. It all started when we got rpm rims.

me-stampede
friend-rusler