Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

new project

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 05:27 PM
stspower91

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new project

well i started my new project it is a hpi rush evo that has had a little work done to it
i traded a kid my used 2.5 traxxas mtor for it
this truck was in super bad condition i made a front plate for it cause the front was a bout to break right off and i welded it on and then made a plate for fill were the motor use to mount up the and welded that in the brakes and unnesscary hardware was removed and all the holes on the bottom of the chassis were welded then ground down i put a metal gear tranny in it and put nitro rustler shocks on the rear and some oil filled coilovers in the front
this truck is very light weight almost as light as my friends t4 i was thinking all the welds were going to add weight but they really didnt add that much and its super strong

im thinking about puting a hitec 645 mg for the steering servo and then buying the castle creations 7700 motor
but i would like to hear what you guys would put in it this truck is going to be raced at my local track not just bashed

here are some pics sorry for the bad quality i had to use my video camera cause my digital is dead

Old 04-19-2007, 08:45 PM
PedeBeater

Default RE: new project

7700!!! GO FOR IT
Old 04-19-2007, 11:59 PM
Almighty ODST

Buy a new chassis while you're at it. It doesn't look like it would be perfectly straight.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:02 PM
stspower91

no everything is straight the rear end and the front end and the chassis is flat but im going to mill one out i just wanted to mock it up useing this chassis
Old 04-20-2007, 06:29 PM
green25

Well since you want brushless, your going to need a motor mount. Do you have plans for that? I would go for the Mamba Max 6900 for some good speed! You could use battery cups (AE battery cups, maybe) and mount them lengthwise. Do you already have the steering bell cranks in there? BTW, it's nice to see another Temecula R/C'er!
Old 04-20-2007, 06:51 PM
stspower91

yeah im getting a mill so im going to make you own motor mounts and battery posts and this thing is going to be packed so im going to have to make a top plate out of carbon fiber to mound speed control,reciever and personal transponder

do you ever take your truck out to palomar raceway
Old 04-21-2007, 11:58 AM
green25

No, I haven't ever taken my truck to any place to race. I'm just a basher, but I would love to go to a track.
BTW, since were talking about custom, here's my custom rustler.

I made a lexan chassis and top deck for it. It's also got a Mamba Max 5700/
Old 04-21-2007, 02:28 PM
speedyAK

dang green25, that mamba max is really working your rear tires arent they? hehe
Old 04-21-2007, 05:38 PM
green25

Yup, it sure is. Back when I had a super extended chassis (16" Wheelbase), I couldn't wheelie no matter what, so the tires just spun and wore out.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:09 PM
speedyAK

hey green25, what radio do you run?
i use my stock radio and would like to upgrade to an fm. i was thinking about getting the futaba 3pm fm radio with no servos since im gonna use my own servo. i run a novak gtb 7.5R brushless in my stampede with 4.4k top qualifier batteries. i get like 30 mins of run time with like an hour and a half of charging on 3 amps.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:30 PM
green25

I use an HPI transmitter with a Futabu reciever, both running on 27mhz. For an FM radio, a 3PM would be nice, but they cost quite something, and if you're not racing, it might not be worth it. But, if you have the money, then I would say go for it, I've heard that it's nice.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:50 PM
stspower91

looks good green

you should come out to palomar raceway sometime its 10 dollars to enter and its really fun
i use to bash for like 3 years and got tired of it so i started racing