Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

sears muzzler?? pic inside.

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 06:07 PM
weez440

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sears muzzler?? pic inside.

ok i remember when i was a little kid probably about 84 or somewhere around there. we were at a secondhand store and my dad bought this lil rc truck. it has been sitting in our shed for countless years and doesn't have a controller but i see no reason why a person couldn't get one and maybe see if it works. it says it is a sears muzzler and it has some big deal suspension design. can anyone tell me about it or direct me to a websight that could tell me more about it. and i know some retro vehicles specially the tamiya's are worth big bucks nowdays just wondering what it might be worth as well. i just snapped a quick pic with my cell phone.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42803.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	745300  
Old 08-19-2007, 06:10 PM
xmodificationer

Default RE: sears muzzler?? pic inside.

IMO it looks like a POS and is probably not worth much, but thats just me....
Old 08-19-2007, 06:17 PM
NitroNuisance

ORIGINAL: xmodificationer

IMO it looks like a POS and is probably not worth much, but thats just me....
Just like all the X-Mods. IMO
Old 08-19-2007, 06:19 PM
xmodificationer

haha funny...... but really i really dont think it would be worth that much considering its not really hobby grade and its from sears.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:24 PM
weez440

i could care less if it is worth anything i just would like to know something about it. and from the earlies it is from the early 80's so everything from that era looks like a pos.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:36 PM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

That truck looks to be in very good shape! I hope that restoring it works out for you.

PS: X-mods are total crap and shouldnt be concidered hobby quality.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:01 PM
xmodificationer

i know they arent hobby quality, i never said they were. but yea dude that should be sweet though if you get it restored
Old 08-20-2007, 07:09 AM
VegaNate

Wow! That looks identical to the Tonka blazer that I have from the same era. Mine is not an r/c but it looks like the plans came from the same truck. Would you mind taking more pictures inside and out. Seeing the electronics and suspension, maybe we can figure out what it would take to get it to run.--Nate
Old 08-20-2007, 04:17 PM
weez440

hey nate. next time i go to my parents place i will grab it and bring it home and clean it up and take some more pics. i think all i need to do is put some batteries in it and it says what the frequency is on the bottom so i will have to look into getting a controller or else buy a crystal for one of my existing controllers and there is no reason why it wouldn't work. it would be kinda fun to bum around the house with when it is crappy out cause my e-savage has way to much snort for the house and i obviously can't drive the revo in the house. i will probably pm you one day here.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:54 PM
mse4x4

the sears muzzler was a muffler that sears afford back in the late 70's to early 80's . this really sucks cause i remember this , i guess i'm an old fart.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:38 PM
weez440

thank you mse4x4. i looked all over the net and the only thing i could find was where someone asked about it on a forum like this and nobody responded. it is kinda cool looking i think for a retro vehicle.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:42 AM
Wevie

OMG...... I am almost positive that is one of the first RC's I ever owned. IIRC, they have two speeds. Low speed was great for grass and dirt. High speed was good only for pavement. I spent a lot of money on alkalines for that thing. Wow. I haven't seen one of them for a LONG time. '84? Seems like it would have been before that..... I was thinking 80-82 but, hey, I've had a beer or two since then!
Old 08-21-2007, 04:13 PM
weez440

hey wevie. thats about the time period i remember my dad purchasing it used. i don't know if it has the battery cover on the bottom i couldn't find it but i will look for that and it would be kinda fun to see if i can get it going.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:29 AM
VegaNate

can u give some size dimensions? looks like fun. I have an old sears corvette but haven't used it for ever(afraid of breaking it)--nate
Old 09-05-2007, 05:34 PM
weez440

i supposed it is about 12-14 inches long i don't have it here it is at my parents place. i just ordered a tamiya f-350 so this project will be put on hold. my dad said that the controller is out in the shed somewhere.