Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

help with gear mesh

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 08:02 PM
Jerohmeee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with gear mesh

I keep shaving the teeth on my spur gear and the truck will make funny noises when i press the throttle. At first after setting the gear mesh the truck runs fine but after running it a while the truck will make funny noises when i poress the throttle and ill look at the gears and the spur gear teeth with be shaved a little. So how do I make sure my gear mesh is good? It looks fine when im setting it. I noticed that the pinion gear moved. I screwed that tiny little screw into the pinion so it would hold onto the motor but i guess it came loose. How do I make sure the screws dont come loose?
Old 09-12-2007, 08:34 PM
bckyrdbshr
My Feedback: (35)

Default RE: help with gear mesh

ORIGINAL: Jerohmeee

I keep shaving the teeth on my spur gear and the truck will make funny noises when i press the throttle. At first after setting the gear mesh the truck runs fine but after running it a while the truck will make funny noises when i poress the throttle and ill look at the gears and the spur gear teeth with be shaved a little. So how do I make sure my gear mesh is good? It looks fine when im setting it. I noticed that the pinion gear moved. I screwed that tiny little screw into the pinion so it would hold onto the motor but i guess it came loose. How do I make sure the screws dont come loose?
I just set my by eye and feel... You can take a piece of notebook paper run it in between the pinion and spur and tighten everything down and your done. As for the pinion gear coming loose if the shaft has a flat spot on it make sure the grub screw will tighten down where the flat spot is and use loctite thread locker. If for some reason there is no flat spot on the shaft then you can take a file or dremel tool and gring you a little flat spot and the shaft and that will solve that little problem
Old 09-12-2007, 09:23 PM
Jerohmeee

Default RE: help with gear mesh

ya thers a flat spot.... ill def have to get that locktight thread locker