Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Associated B44 Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 05:47 PM
hagenmi1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: bmaglinger's Associated B44 Build Thread

ORIGINAL: B44killer

ORIGINAL: hagenmi1

Any recommendations on a steering servo (digital)? Or at the very least, the torque needed for a vehical like this? THX

anything with metal gears and 80oz of torque (or more) and decent speed (.12 or better) will work great.

Excellent, thank you!!!! There are millions of servos out there.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:18 AM
ElectricGuy007

ORIGINAL: Super Spider

Finally got to run my B44! Works great! Handles really good, until the battery goes caput! I think my charger is trash!

Any way, the only issue I have with the construction of the B44 is the batteries are to close to the rear drive shaft, I moved them out as far as they could go and it still eat into my battery wires slightly. Have any of you had this problem? I can't see how you couldn't!
Yep, me also. And my rear CVA pin came out because of the battery wires rubbing on the driveshaft.[:@]
Old 01-10-2008, 08:32 AM
Super Spider

yeah, I caught mine before it come out. Thinking of triming the outer edge of the battery insert to allow the batteries to move away from the center maybe 1/4 inch. I am in need of a new charger now anyway, so it may be a while before I get to run it, I don't want to ruin a $45 battery pack, so that sucks! But I should have one next month, I hope!
Old 01-10-2008, 09:10 AM
ElectricGuy007

What batteries are you running? I just run these.
www.cheapbatterypacks.com
Best cells I ever used for racing.[8D]
These are custom made batteries for the B44, I didnt have to solder or shrink-wrap 'em.[8D]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81071.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	847225