Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

nicad vs nimh

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 09:17 PM
Jeffrey112

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nicad vs nimh

what is better. I want to get a stampede but im on a low budget. I found a charger that looks good. But will a 1900mah tower hobbies 7cell pack be any good. I dont wont to lose major performance just from the batteries. Thanks
Old 11-25-2007, 09:18 PM
pede_187

Default RE: nicad vs nimh

NIMH
Old 11-25-2007, 09:38 PM
mrbonez

i would go with nimh i didnt like the nicd's very much i ran a couple 6 cell 1900 nicd's with a rustler and was not to impressed then i purchased a radio shack cheap nimh 3300 and it was like night and day faster and would run longer but thats just 1 persons opinion
Old 11-25-2007, 09:49 PM
nikg

NIMH!!! I would rather get used NIMH's off eBay than brand new NICD's. My neighbor has a Radio Shack buggy and he was using his 2000 mah nicd battery in it. I let him use my 3000 NIMH packs, and it was like a totally different car. More run time, better acceleration, much faster. These are my generic NIMH's too, not my GP or IB's.

I have gotten almost all my packs off eBay for $10 or less each. Most people will tell you to avoid used packs, but for me they work just fine, and I can get four of them for the price onf one new one. That is important when running a dual battery e-savage. You may have to lurk for a while to get a good deal, but they can be had. If I were you, I would get a quality NIMH pack. If you can't afford it, you might want to gamble on used packs. So far I have gotten some great deals. Good brands to watch for are IB and GP.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:06 PM
Always Dreamin

NiMh if you can afford it. it's a no brainer.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:12 PM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

Definately Nimh, Nicd builds memory to charges which I hate and good matched nimh packs are very stable from start to finish of the pack. Nimh is the way to go hands down.