Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Need some Help with my HV4.5 Revo

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 04:36 PM
brad65ford

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some Help with my HV4.5 Revo

Whats up guys, sorry I'm a newbe LOL. But I got some quesions I hope someone will help me with. I have a 3.3 Revo (Now E-Revo) and I'm running a new Novak HV 4.5 system, (2) 7-cell 8.4v 4400mah batterys, Revo trans with 2 gear locked running 15/38 gearing. I ran the truck twice so far with the new batterys and I'm only get 4/5 mins at the most and I'm not on it all the time. I've been check temps on the motor and esc constantly because of all the talk about melting and thermaling the motor/esc. I'm running stock E-max tires which are alittle heavy. The hottest the motor got with 106 degrees and the hottest the esc got with 120 degrees, but the batterys got hot as hell 175 degrees .. is that normal? Also its fast but I thought it was be faster, is my gearing to high since I don't have 1st gear anymore. How can I get more run time and more power? Thanks guys for the help in advanced.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:38 PM
xxx-t2

Default RE: Need some Help with my HV4.5 Revo

The battery may be getting hot because of the excess weight of the e-revo. It is a big truck. You could always try gearing down, it will decrease the temps by a good amount.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:43 PM
brad65ford

Default RE: Need some Help with my HV4.5 Revo

ORIGINAL: xxx-t2

The battery may be getting hot because of the excess weight of the e-revo. It is a big truck. You could always try gearing down, it will decrease the temps by a good amount.

Yeah thats what I'm thinking to, I'm surprised the motor/esc didn't get hot, just the batterys? I'm affraid to weight the truck with batterys LOL!