Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

repairing/cleaning r/cs from a house fire

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 09:56 PM
rekzster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default repairing/cleaning r/cs from a house fire

Simply and short..... we had a house fire monday night........... most of my basement has been destroyed from both the fire and smoke/water damage. all of my r/c stuff except for 1 charger and my mag jr. controller were down there. clod has melted body/tires/ axles ... the frame is still there. rustler/stampede and rustler lost bodies and have a layer of soot on them.... hobbyzone plane soaked with water. I dont think that the ins company is going to clean/replace em. thoughts?
Old 11-30-2007, 10:31 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: repairing/cleaning r/cs from a house fire

I don't understand why insurance wouldn't cover them? It's personal property just like anything else. They don't discern or care what burned- there isn't a no RC replacement policy rider. Salvage what you can and when you get the settlement go get some new cars.

Sorry to hear about the fire. Is everyone ok and is the house ok?
Old 12-01-2007, 02:32 AM
rekzster

Everyone got out ok..... pets and salt water fish ok. The basement is a wreck.... 5 joists have to be repaired/sistered.... all new carpet/paint/rewirewindows/electric downstairs. Paint/carpet/new floorboards/windows upstairs

Most things can be replaced......... some cannot. I am most hurt about the r/c stuff tho.... specially the clod.

Fire was started by a 17 yr old IDIOT looking under his bed for his cancer sticks with a lighter and started his bed on fire.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:48 AM
The Collector1
My Feedback: (2)

Sorry about your loss on your RC gear, atleast the family got out ok, that 17yr old was that a family member if so beat them like their stupid if their not a member beat them and toss them out on their neck,sorry as for your clod, see what you can salvage,you can use the new clod stuff with no problems.Dont worry its not the end of the world,now you can make the clod that much better[8D]
Old 12-01-2007, 12:04 PM
rschoi_75

Yeah dude, as long as you have fire coverage in your insurance policy, you can get your $$ back. Hope you get back up and running soon.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:37 PM
barefootdan

tell them u had like the baja 5b mabey they pay for that!
Old 12-01-2007, 04:25 PM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

Thats a bummer. Yeah the insurance didnt cover the r/c's? Thats pretty bogus if you ask me.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:25 PM
Straick7

Sorry to hear about the fire. If the chassis are still intact and unscathed(no melting or burning), you should be able to clean them up and run again. Just be very wary of the electronics that were in them. You can try and dry them out, but if they don't respond 100% properly, just replace them. As far as the Ins. company goes, they should cover your RC gear as well as everything else that was damaged. If they don't cover it, it is probably because of how the fire started., hence the reason I never smoke inside.
Do me one favor though, beat the living daylights out of that idiot for me. Anyone who uses a lighter to look under a bed deserves a good sound beating for 2 reasons. 1-smoking in the house, 2-being stupid enough to think that it is safe to use a lighter to search for anything inside a house.
Hope everything works out for you though. Keep us posted on how you are doing.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:30 PM
Krazy Chicken

sorry about the fire, but do you have any pics of the after math of the cars?
Old 12-03-2007, 02:25 AM
magnat

Smoking is bad for your Health and by the sounds of things your wallet...

1. beat the snot out of the 17 Year old.
2. Make him replace the RC Gear...
3. Kick him to the Kerb and dont let him back in the house till he has learned to be a bit more responsible..
Old 12-03-2007, 03:01 AM
calvino

ORIGINAL: magnat

Smoking is bad for your Health and by the sounds of things your wallet...

1. beat the snot out of the 17 Year old.
2. Make him replace the RC Gear...
3. Kick him to the Kerb and dont let him back in the house till he has learned to be a bit more responsible..
yeah, I mean, an OPEN FLAME under prety much a giant flame liker = bad things will happen, yeah, that is just past stupid, I mean, I have done some.......... try talking to the insurace dudes about it, ya never know, but yeah, even if ya do get some $$$ from the insurace dudes, still make him pay PART for his stupidity
Old 01-25-2008, 08:39 AM
rekzster

well...... finally back in our house and back online for an update...... and btw hotel living BLOWS[:@]

the ins company DID pay to repair the clodbuster. in fact....... they went above and beyond the call of duty when it came to contents funding. in fact, they covered a new axle for the front, new rubber (rock lizards), nu body (pro-line ambush scout 800) and enuff left over to pick up a couple of losi micros (desert truk and micro-t).

as for the house itself..... it looks hella better than it did before the fire......... essentially a braand new house.