Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

SMC IB4200 stick pack problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 06:14 PM
ridgewalker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SMC IB4200 stick pack problems

I had some SMC IB 4200 6 cell stick pack's that i took appart and made two 7 cell packs for my e-maxx.I had a total of 4 stick packs and i wanted two pair's of 7 cell sxs packs.So i bought one more new smc ib 4200 6 cell stick pack and it was dead.I gave it a charge at .5v with a delta value of 4mv/c and it peaked at 8.9v and warm to the touch (this is how i always charge these batterys and i never have any prob).Then i used the other 4 packs that i have had for a month and used many times with no problems and added a cell to each from the new pack.

The problem.One of the 7 cell packs has one cell that is .43v and the other six are at 1.27v when i finished running this pack the cell that is .42v was much hotter than the others.What should i do?In the other pack two cels are at.03v and .06v all the others are at 1.27.What can i do can i save the low cell's?I have a duratrax pirahana charger.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:22 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: SMC IB4200 stick pack problems

Either the low cells are really weak/junk or when you built the packs the cells in a pack were'nt in the same state of charge. To balance them out and make sure you should do a c/10 charge for 15 hrs.

OR when they are done charged trickle them on the highest setting for overnight. IF IT"S THE digital piranha then use 200 ma and just leave it on all night and all day if possible then run the battery and see if it is fixed.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:24 PM
ridgewalker

Default RE: SMC IB4200 stick pack problems

Anyone?Did you ever have a dead or almost dead (.03v)cell in your pack?Do i trickle charge it?