Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Tenergy Propel cells?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 06:18 PM
d16z6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tenergy Propel cells?

Has anybody tried these? Supposed to be their performance series?

http://www.all-battery.com/index.asp...OD&ProdID=1992

According to their product description it says, "Tenergy Sub C 4500mAh Propel Model--Beat or match IB Packs" and the specs seem to show some promise of being somewhat a competitive performer.

However from the disappointed reviews I've read about the 3800's, I can only hope these aren't overrated as such... even if it was overrated (again) and giving it the benefit of a doubt conservative approach here... at those prices would it still be a decent basher/club racer pack at whatever the true underlying values maybe?

Do you think that maybe the Propel cells are the good manufactured '4500's while the ones that don't make the cut become the regular red label 4500's?

Let me know what you guys think. For the price it either seems like a good value or too good to be true.

I wanna know the truth...
Old 12-05-2007, 02:53 AM
AresROC

Default RE: Tenergy Propel cells?

Hi where did you read up on the 3800 reviews? I happen to find the 3800's go up to 1.45 volts when new, but I havn't used it much...
Old 12-05-2007, 07:40 AM
83gt

I have 4 3800's, 4 3500's, and 2 4200's from Tenergy. I have been meaning to try some of the propel packs, but havn't gotten around to it since I'm mostly on LiPo these days.

I found that the 3800's did charge up to about 1.45v as AresROC said, but they just didn't have the punch of the other packs. We remade two of the packs into sxs and the difference was like night and day. They ran about the same as the 3500's after we did that, and the 3500's meet or beat all my GP packs. Very nice for the money.

J.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:51 PM
d16z6

AresROC I searched other online rc forums to look for information on Tenergy cells and they usually come up with capacity issues vs the cell labeling. The users of the 3500/3800's claim they can only charge in ~3000 mah. Quite a difference. There's some information here on RCU if you search for it. The general consensus seemed to be mixed feelings for the price (you get what you pay for?).

So should I grab some of those discounted 3500's then and make them into side by side packs? Is it really that noticeable for the time and effort? Would I see an improvement in punch/speed over a regular GP3900 pack?

So how were the 4200 series?

I'm still tempted to try their 4500 red and Propel series... but the 3500's on sale are hard to ignore.