Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

race truck vs. stadium truck.

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 06:54 PM
NjBasher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default race truck vs. stadium truck.

im deciding between 2 types of trucks. a race truck or a stadium truck. if i go with a race truck it will be the tamiya ford f-150.if i go with the stadium truck it will be either hpi e firestorm or a tamiya double blaze. which one is the best to go with? also if i go with a kit will shocks fit on the f 150
http://cgi.ebay.com/Tamiya-Wild-Will...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 12-04-2007, 06:59 PM
walkingcarpet900

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: race truck vs. stadium truck.

i would say the e-firestorm
i dont know much about the tamiyas
but based on some of my knowledge on
the nitro firestorm the firestorms are very durable
and can be raced too

the thing i really like about the e-firestorm is its
metal gear tranny
=)
Old 12-04-2007, 06:59 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Hmm, I wouldn't consider either Tamiya truck to be a race or a stadium. The firestorm is a stadium and should blow both the tamiyas away for speed/handling.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:07 AM
The Mad Modder

Depends what you want out of it. The tamiya race truck is a sedan chassis(ta02) with larger tires. The Double Blaze is a twin motor monster truck. The e-firestorm is a stadium truck. If you want speed, then either the race truck or e-fire storm would be best(the double blaze goes max of about 15mph stock). The double blaze can be made much faster, but that would require much modification and money(check http://www.rcdaggerweb.com/clyde/blo....php?blog_id=6 ). If you want brute power, then the double blaze is for you. I own tamiya and hpi vehicles. Both companies make excellent quality cars and trucks.